Achieving innovation, digital transformation, and growth strategies requires planning and managing outcomes not just projects. Outcomes take many forms, including products and services for customers, as well as enabling technologies, applications, and locations. With Planview Enterprise 13, organizations can define every outcome that drives their business and manage the delivery of those outcomes by building roadmaps that connect directly to the associated work and resources.
Volvo was one of the thought leaders instrumental in driving the direction for outcome roadmapping as part of Planview’s Inner Circle customer community. “Our partnership with Planview is based on the shared vision that portfolio management is more than the management of projects. Volvo’s digital transformation strategy is being realized through programs that bring together projects, applications and products,” said Per Brändström, business sub-portfolio manager of Volvo. ”This new version of Planview Enterprise will enable our application and product managers to strategically create and manage application and product roadmaps critical to our corporate initiatives.”
This release also includes major enhancements to the reporting and analytics capabilities of Planview’s portfolio and resource management solution. Planview Enterprise 13 delivers an entirely new embedded reporting engine, based on Microsoft’s market leading platform, which brings a broad range of new reporting options as well as improved cloud deployment. This new platform delivers enhanced look and feel and new core visualizations, including heat maps and sunburst charts, providing unique ways to see portfolio data. In addition, the release introduces multiple new portfolio dashboards. These dashboards provide an interactive, multi-dimensional perspective into portfolio management scenarios supporting strategic planning, new product development, and portfolio performance.
“This is a very exciting time in portfolio management, and Planview continues to work closely with leading organizations to drive fundamental innovation as well as constantly improve the everyday experience for our users,” said Patrick Tickle, chief product officer of Planview. “Planview Enterprise 13 is a perfect reflection of this commitment – stretching the bounds of strategic planning with outcome roadmapping, advancing analytics and reporting, and delivering hundreds of customer driven enhancements through our Inner Circle community.”
Planview Enterprise 13 includes:
- Outcome roadmapping to define and connect roadmaps to organizational strategy, programs and projects
- New interactive portfolio dashboards bring powerful consolidated visualizations to portfolio management
- Enhanced embedded reporting leverages the latest Microsoft reporting platform for improved visual presentation and performance
- Next generation JIRA integration incorporates customer and industry best practices to simplify implementations and reduce time to value
- Execution simplification updates improve the day-to-day experience of project managers, resource managers and portfolio managers. More than 100 customer-driven enhancements across planning, project management, resource management, and administration
The changing workforce, digitization and pace of disruption demand a broader definition for connecting strategy and execution – one that goes beyond traditional project delivery – to incorporate a comprehensive approach to Work and Resource Management. Planview’s portfolio of Work and Resource Management Solutions includes:
- Planview Enterprise – enterprise-wide portfolio and resource management
- Troux® – enterprise capability and technology management
- Innotas® – IT PPM for midsized and maturing enterprises
- Projectplace® – collaborative work management for projects and teams
Planview enables organizations to get the most out of their resources and achieve their goals. We are the global leader in Work and Resource Management, with the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of solutions for strategic planning, portfolio and resource management, work collaboration and enterprise architecture. Our solutions span every class of work, resource, and organization; addressing the needs of teams, departments, and entire organizations, from the mid-market to global enterprises. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, our 700 employees serve more than 3,000 enterprise customers worldwide through a culture of product leadership, deep market expertise and highly engaged customer communities.