It has been an amazing year in the portfolio management space and it is time to reflect on accomplishments and new goals on the horizon. As the year comes to a close, I'd like to share the most popular PMO resources of 2011. The list covers everything from tips for resource planning and best practices for transforming your PMO to analyst research reports. It's a good set of reference material as you begin planning initiatives for 2012.
Six most widely read PMO resources of 2011:
- Un-Common Sense Resource Planning: 11 Tips -- Now is a great time to abandon the practices that lead to inefficiencies and chaos in resource capacity planning. Most of it is a matter of embracing common sense! With that in mind, here are 11 un-common sense tips that will help you maximize your valuable resources.
- The Capacity Quadrant: 4 Keys to Demystifying Resource Management -- Author Jerry Manas outlines four key areas to address when managing capacity and demand for better staffing and funding decisions, increased productivity, and ultimately higher value.
- The PMO in 2011 - Question Everything, a Conversation with Margo Visitacion of Forrester Research, Inc. -- Thousands registered to participate in a conversation with Margo Visitacion, Vice President, Forrester Research, Inc. and Terry Doerscher as they discussed real-life examples of today's "change agent" PMOs adapting to the constantly evolving landscape in familiar (and not so familiar) parts of their organizations.
- Are You Ready to Transform Your PMO? -- The report written by Margo Visitacion, Vice President, Forrester Research, followed the PMO in 2011 discussion mentioned above. In the report she gives her perspective on today's PMOs and their move away from traditional methods and toward more flexible approaches that adapt to changing delivery models.
- 50 Ways to Lead Your Users: Driving Cultural & Operational Change -- Author Jerry Manas compiled this list of 50 proven, some even unconventional, ways to lead users to a new standard in technology and process in their organizations.
- 2011 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis Applications -- Access the report to learn why Gartner says that "Integrated IT portfolio analysis applications help IT managers link their respective non-project-related portfolios and perspectives, while giving them access to a strong set of project portfolio management functions for investment planning, visibility and prioritization."
We want to hear from you. What resources did you find beneficial and why? Did you find a particular subject valuable that did not make the list? Tell us why by posting a comment below.
Happy New Year and I look forward to connecting with you in 2012.