Plan and monitor the status of both traditional and collaborative work using Planview PPM Pro plus the project team collaboration tools in Planview Projectplace.Watch demo See Planview PPM Pro in action
Map out your plan and then manage execution in collaborative workspaces to drive team member efficiency.
Drive team member efficiency and PMO success
Not all projects require traditional project management methodologies. Sometimes teams prefer a less structured approach to managing their work. But the work of these teams is often a critical component in strategic projects managed by the PMO. Planview offers a unique solution that enables portfolio managers to plan and monitor projects using the project portfolio management capabilities in Planview PPM Pro while providing teams the flexibility to manage their work using online project collaboration tools.
Planview software delivers the best of both worlds – project portfolio management solutions complemented by collaborative project management tools.
Portfolio managers can get combined view of resources and their effort costs, spanning traditional and collaborative work, within the larger context of the organization’s project portfolio.
At the same time, project teams can:
- Manage project tasks using Kanban boards
- Instantly share questions, feedback, and ideas using real-time conversation tools
- Share and collaborate on version-controlled project documents
Planview PPM solutions offer powerful capabilities to the PMO, project managers, resource managers, as well as team members across your organization.
Bring teams together and collaborate to get work done
Projects that are managed by functional teams using email, spreadsheets, and hallway conversations can be a nightmare for PMO managers tasked to deliver critical projects successfully.
The Planview solution for Collaborative Work Management eliminates this chaos by providing centralized online workspaces where project teams can collaborate and get work done. With Planview Projectplace, this powerful team collaboration app enables project managers, team leaders, and team members to monitor the status of tasks and resources, on any device and at any time.
Planview Projectplace makes it possible to:
- Get aligned: Plan project work across departments and create a joint goal with actionable timelines
- Reduce email chaos: Keep all project-related conversations in a centralized repository and in context with project tasks and deliverables
- Track project documents: Keep all project-related documents in a centralized repository and use integrated version control to ensure that everyone is accessing the most up-to-date information
- Visualize workloads: Easily see how much work has been assigned to team members and where workloads should be adjusted
- Get access to collaborative projects on the go. More than just a Kanban app, Planview offers mobile apps that enable team members to stay in touch with their team and the work at hand for each workspace and documents.
PPM-class timesheet for resource management
As part of most PPM rollouts, team members, the people who bring projects to life, are typically required to submit a timesheet. Timesheets are vital for better resource management, but also put new demands on already busy team members.
With Team Member Plus, every team member gets an Planview PPM Pro integrated PPM timesheet to track progress on structured work, enabling the PMO to do capacity planning, resource management, and track project financials. Increase efficiency across the portfolio, de-risk project delivery by understanding resource workload, and reallocate resources toward strategic projects that deliver value to the organization.
Collaborative workspaces for all types of work
Using Planview PPM Pro and Planview Projectplace, PMOs can prioritize and plan projects and then enable project managers and functional team leads to manage project execution using intuitive Kanban boards and cards. An online Kanban board makes it easy to visualize project status, in real time, using customizable progression maps.
Using Kanban boards, teams can:
- Organize the work: Team members can break tasks into cards and pull cards from backlog according to their available bandwidth
- Visualize the team task tracker: Team members can easily communicate task status by simply moving their cards through swim lanes
- Collaborate with internal and external team members: Questions, feedback, and ideas can be shared via comments attached to cards, so that communication threads are stored with project tasks instead of lost in emails
- Get a quick view of progress for each project: Link plans with project Gantt charts and Kanban boards to visualize activities against milestones
The Kanban tool in Planview Projectplace enables project teams to execute with speed and agility while giving the PMO and other stakeholders real-time visibility into their progress.
Centralize document management
Projects often generate many files including documents and images. Managing the storage and versioning of files in a secure, structured and easily accessible way is crucial within project management collaboration tools.
The document collaboration tools in Planview Projectplace enable team members to attach relevant files directly to Kanban boards and invite others to read and edit the files.
The powerful document management tools in Planview Projectplace give project teams the ability to:
- Share important documents: Collaborate on project related documents, images, and other important files within a secure, accessible platform
- Organize project assets: Store all project related information in one place to keep information together and available
- Manage versioning: Planview Projectplace automatically tracks document changes ensuring that team members are always accessing the most recent version
Learn more about project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, eBooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Project Team Collaboration Tools
is just one powerful PPM Pro feature
Propelling your PMO to the next level is easy when your team has the best project portfolio management software.
Project Portfolio Management
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Project Intake Management
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Project Prioritization Alignment
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Resource Management Tools
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Project Time Tracking
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Project Management Dashboards and Reports
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
NPD Portfolio Management
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Project Team Collaboration Tools
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Project Budget Management
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
Cloud-based Project Management
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Predictive Portfolio Analysis
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Portfolio Management for Agile
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
Learn how Planview ensures customer data is kept secure and private while using PPM Pro.
2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management
Gartner has named Planview a Leader in the May 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management,” positioned highest for its ability to execute and furthest for completeness of vision for the second consecutive year.
“Planview PPM Pro fills the gap between the dispersed data and the people who need it. Planview PPM Pro enables us to generate high-level to granular-level reports specific to the user so the people who need the data have the data without having to dig for it.”
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
- Share data and improve collaboration
- Have one system of record for visibility into work status
- Create standards for data loads and custom actions