Visualize Project Status with One Click
Create Gantt charts with Planview PPM Pro
Learn how to use the project management capabilities in PPM Pro to create Gantt Charts and manage the projects in your portfolio.
Visualize Project Status with One ClickCreate Gantt Charts with Planview PPM Pro
Project Gantt charts, simplified
Make Gantt charts that show stakeholders your project landscape in an easy-to-digest format. Not only can you view important status, financial, and project health information within the textual portion of the project grid, but you can also view this information graphically with the project grid’s built-in Gantt chart. Only want to see a subset of projects? Filtering the projects grid filters the Gantt, as well. Display project timelines, dependencies, and completion rates – color code the most important aspects, and change them on the fly.
- Customize date range to see projects by year, quarter, or other specified timeframe
- Color code bars to highlight different project properties such as business objective, project health, risk type, and others
- Quickly see project progress by showing completion percentage on the Gantt bars, transforming them into visual progress indicators
- View project dependencies – hard dependencies via cross-project task dependencies and soft dependencies by associating related projects
Task data – exposed!
With a click of a button, visually show a simplified project work breakdown structure (WBS), including soft and hard dependencies, completion dates, and progress indicators. Quickly modify to highlight custom date ranges or percent complete criteria. Visualizing task elements helps to:
- Quickly validate schedule
- Give status updates with completion dates and key milestone indicators
- Determine task progress
- Easily see deadlines versus actuals
- Understand task loads with summary views
- Quickly identify task dependencies and relationships
Don't wait to be asked. Show off your project!
Planview PPM Pro's Gantt chart software capability makes project planning easier, while Gantt chart reporting makes project progress vibrant. Gantt charts can be filtered and sorted in various ways – by portfolios, departments, project owners, individual projects, as well as across the entire organization. Build the Gantt chart report only once and save effort and time. Once you create a Gantt chart report or add it to a dashboard, that report template can be easily duplicated and with a few clicks, refilter to generate a new report. Publish project and task Gantt chart reports in dashboards to increase communication and visibility for project owners, stakeholders, and management:
- See project and task data by type, person, or source for accurate planning
- Manage project scheduling with accurate targets and actuals that account for changes
- Monitor project and phase health and status
- Customize report output to achieve the appropriate level of complexity for your audience
Explore interactive Gantt views
Our easy to use Gantt chart creator enables you to generate an interactive Gantt chart report that is then a snap to reconfigure on the fly:
- Zoom in and out and change date timelines
- Show and change bar colors to highlight owners, status, or another important property, including a color legend
- Show bar labels and % complete, transforming your Gantt bars to true progress indicators
- Hide and show columns and actively resize the chart area to fit your needs
- Change or apply filters to bring projects and tasks in and out of your Gantt chart
- Easily print and save task lists or Gantt charts, then share the information with external contributors – no additional license necessary!
Learn more about creating gantt charts and project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, ebooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Create Gantt charts
is just one powerful Planview PPM Pro feature
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management
Planview recognized as a Leader
Gartner has named Planview a Leader in the May 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management,” positioned highest for its ability to execute and furthest for completeness of vision for the second consecutive year.
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
Share data and improve collaboration
Have one system of record for visibility into work status
Create standards for data loads and custom actions