Top down visibility of strategic projects
with Planview PPM Pro Project Portfolio Management
Top down visibility of strategic projectswith Planview PPM Pro Project Portfolio Management
Prioritize the most valuable work
Deliver project initiatives on time and on budget. Planview’s IT Project Portfolio Management tools provide a fast approach to scoring and prioritizing your work – enabling you to make decisions with confidence.
- Capture: Collect project and work requests directly from end users
- Score: Prioritize technology initiatives based on a standardized scoring system to facilitate the identification and prioritization of low-risk, high-reward projects
- Route: Set up an approval process for auditing, prioritizing, and tracking requests
- Alert: Notify approver with automated alerts and generate assignments directly from approved requests
The best project management software for growing PMOs
Move away from spreadsheets and disparate project management systems. Manage project schedules, tasks, and resources in a single centralized location. Improve execution and control across your entire project portfolio with visibility into every aspect of each project.
- Plan: Define and schedule project plans or interface with other departmental applications
- Task management: Intuitive workbench for assigning, tracking, and managing project tasks
- Visibility: Configurable reports facilitate analysis and monitoring of project health indicators
PPM tools to manage your resources effectively
Proactively allocate resources and improve execution across your entire project portfolio. Real-time visibility lets you apply resources appropriately, analyze the current utilization of resources, and revise utilization based on what is most productive for your organization. If you don’t know what people are working on, you can’t be sure the right work is getting done. Planview’s IT Project Portfolio Management software provides resource management tools that enable you to focus on the initiatives that deliver the most business value.
- Demand planning: Quantify your true resource requirements for planned projects
- Capacity planning: Realistic understanding of what you can accomplish with the resources you have
- What-if scenario planning: Forward-looking resource scenario planning for optimizing resources by portfolio, project, role, or individual
- Time tracking: Promote accountability and improve organizational performance by knowing who is working on what and enable teams to work more efficiently by giving them visibility into where they spend their time
- Planview PPM Pro Team Member Plus: Promote PPM adoption by providing your team members with a collaborative work management solution to execute their project work and collaborate with others
Accurately track project financials and budgets
Time is money, and how you manage time for your staff and resources has a major impact on the financial performance of your initiatives that maximize ROI. Without visibility into the time and expenses associated with your work, you might miss opportunities to charge back for billable services or worse, run over budget.
- Financial tracking: Monitor time, budgets, and expenses for both billable and non-billable activities
- Financial reporting: Report on estimates versus actuals and stay on track with key performance metrics
- Integrate Planview’s PPM software with existing financial systems, and connect the required data such as labor costs for specific roles and individual resources to projects and portfolios
Measure project ROI with dashboards and reports
Visibility is power. Planview PPM Pro provides highly configurable dashboards and out-of-the-box reports so you and your stakeholders can view key performance indicators – empowering you to make better decisions. Create dashboards and reports by department, role or even individual, providing relevant information in real-time, then easily drill to get the details that you need.
Learn more about project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, ebooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Project Portfolio Management
is just one powerful Planview PPM Pro feature
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management
Planview recognized as a Leader
Gartner has named Planview a Leader in the May 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management,” positioned highest for its ability to execute and furthest for completeness of vision for the second consecutive year.
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
Share data and improve collaboration
Have one system of record for visibility into work status
Create standards for data loads and custom actions