Prioritize Incoming Demand
with Planview PPM Pro Project Prioritization and Alignment
Learn how PPM Pro delivers portfolio management for agile projects and delivers top-down visibility into all work.
Prioritize Incoming Demandwith Planview PPM Pro Project Prioritization and Alignment
No pain, awesome project gains
Plans must evolve in this dynamic world. When supporting business disruptions, market shifts, strategy changes, or customer demands, eliminate the need for time-consuming and error-prone manual calculations or spreadsheets with optimized project planning and prioritization. Utilize predictive analytics to predict the highest value projects within all portfolios across the enterprise, re-planning your portfolio within minutes. While other solutions use numeric metrics to stack rank projects or provide â€śabove the lineâ€ť analysis, Planview PPM Proâ€™s Predictive Portfolio Analysis accurately predicts the best projects that can actually get done with the resources that you have – creating the optimal portfolio of projects.
No more fire drills. No more painful manual analysis. Automatically generate different scenarios and make the necessary adjustments to your project portfolios – increasing business agility, decreasing planning pain.
Assess the big picture and have confidence in your project request outcomes
Whether new product, or IT demand management, no matter the need, let the project intake process to do the heavy lifting. Use it to collect the data, insights, and go/no-go decision at each gate of the workflow to help determine which requests should move forward and ultimately turn into projects.
- Engage the people who will have the answers to each gate approval team. Let the experts collaborate, providing needed data and opinions on the merits of the request and whether it should move forward.
- Configure and include a project scoring model to evaluate a request based on its overall worth to your organization. Relevant gate approvers can score a project on quantitative factors such as return-on-investment (ROI) or on qualitative factors such as strategic fit, impact, and risk. These factors can be weighted to take into account their relative importance.
- Analyze request details and scores to identify which resulting projects will take you where you want to go. Reports and dashboards provide an easy way to compare and access project requests.
Prioritize or reprioritize for business impact
Project scoring helps prioritize the portfolio to ensure valuable resources are working on the highest value work. During or after the project intake process, as needed you can adjust scoring based on changes to your organization goals to help teams understand what is most important to the business and how to drive a bigger impact. Create and adjust your project scoring model to:
- Define what criteria is most important to the business
- Align projects to business goals and objectives
- Create more value with your project portfolio
- Support business goals by always having the highest priority requests in the queue
Oversee and highlight your project and portfolio value
Planview PPM Pro reports and dashboards enable you to monitor the life cycle of project requests and analyze how the project intake process is performing. Even better, you can share request process statistics and data with stakeholders without requiring direct access.
- Demonstrate the number and velocity of requests flowing through the project intake process
- Segment project requests by score, department, strategic initiative, and other important factors, for comparison or impact analysis
- Identify gates that may be holding up high value requests, to troubleshoot and improve the project intake process
Learn more about project prioritization alignment and project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, ebooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Project Prioritization and Alignment
is just one powerful Planview PPM Pro feature
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazonâ€™s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrantâ„˘ for Project Portfolio Management Worldwide
Gartner has named Planview a Leader for project portfolio management (PPM) based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
Share data and improve collaboration
Have one system of record for visibility into work status
Create standards for data loads and custom actions