Get more done with your resources
with Planview PPM Pro Resource Management Tools
Get more done with your resourceswith Planview PPM Pro Resource Management Tools
Staff projects on accurate resource availability
Project resource capacity planning provides a realistic understanding of what you can accomplish with the resources you have to increase success and credibility. Set the right expectations and accurately communicate what the organization can and cannot complete given resources constraints.
Use resource capacity and demand planning to:
- Accurately forecast true resource demand
- Account for future resource needs
- Facilitate headcount and hiring decisions
- Gain insight into existing or future resource gaps
With role-based planning, understand what resources you need and when even if you donâ€™t know which specific resource will be assigned to the upcoming work. Access real-time data to quantify resource utilization across your entire project portfolio – whether they are working on strategic or run-the-business projects.
Only want to allow a certain set of people to plan and assign resources to project roles? Not a problem! Use the managed staffing feature to control who can staff directly and propose resources.
Optimize your resource allocation plan
Dramatically increase the efficiency of the planning process by leveraging predictive analytics. Automatically build the highest value project portfolio based on your resource and budget constraints. Planview PPM Proâ€™s Predictive Portfolio Analysis tool (PPA) recommends optimal portfolio scenarios by accurately predicting what you can get done with the resources that you have available. Avoid time consuming manual analysis by allowing Predictive Portfolio Analysis to automatically generate scenarios based on variables that are critical to your organization.
- Increase business agility: Quickly adapt to market and organizational changes with Predictive Portfolio Analysis. Re-plan your portfolio when resource needs or availability changes and optimize your forecast within minutes.
- Optimize project resource assignments: Automate building and aligning the highest value project and application portfolios based on existing constraints
- Save time: Avoid time consuming manual analysis by automatically generating scenarios based on multiple variables that are critical to your organization and key stakeholders
Model and compare portfolio scenarios
What-if scenario planning allows you to create a resource allocation plan based on the scenario you create. Understand the impact of potential changes before they occur and plan your resources based on available data.
Use what-if planning for:
- Impact analysis: Understand the impact of unplanned work on the portfolio
- Scenario modeling: Toggle resource and portfolio scenarios without impacting production data
- Optimizing resource utilization: Instant access to information for forward-looking analysis of resource allocation and resource optimization by portfolio, project, role, or individual
Track and measure actual project hours and costs
Efficient management of resources is often the greatest organizational challenge. Lack of visibility into resource constraints can be a major roadblock to completing project work on-time and under budget. Centralized time tracking provides accurate information about where resources are spending their time and where overallocation is. Easily review and move submissions through the approval process.
Planview PPM Pro time tracking features:
- Accountability: Improve organizational visibility and performance by knowing who is working on what
- Ease of use: Increase efficiency with a streamlined user experience for both team members and timesheet approvers
- Capitalize labor: Quantify the true cost of project work and categorize labor costs as capital or non-capital
- Improve forecasting: Compare past forecast vs. actuals and adjust future work appropriately
Ease the adoption of time tracking with streamlined user experience, PPM timesheets, and mobile solution options as part of Planview PPM Pro resource management tools.
Real-time analytics enable tracking and measuring
Configurable dashboards provide visibility for all project stakeholders and ensure all team members are working with the same data set. Provide accurate, up-to-date reporting for key stakeholders and identify potential issues using key indicator trackers.
Use project resource dashboards to:
- Gain real-time visibility into resource utilization, cost, capacity, throughput, and availability
- Track and monitor resources by project, program, or portfolios
- Analyze insights into the status of resources by individual, role, or skill set to make better decisions and ensure you are focused on the most important work
- Improve communication and accurately demonstrate and justify resource capacity vs. demand information to key stakeholders
Learn more about resource management tools and project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, ebooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Resource Management Tools
is just one powerful Planview PPM Pro feature
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazonâ€™s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrantâ„¢ for Project Portfolio Management Worldwide
Gartner has named Planview a Leader for project portfolio management (PPM) based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
Share data and improve collaboration
Have one system of record for visibility into work status
Create standards for data loads and custom actions