Track, manage and report project time
with Projectplace Time Tracking
Track, manage and report project timewith Projectplace Time Tracking
Get the benefits of project time tracking with Projectplace
Tracking the time your people spend on their work activities is vital to the success of your projects. Accurate project time tracking ensures that you can:
- Provide accurate estimates for future projects quickly and confidently
- Give Finance and management insight into the project in numbers that matter
- Secure additional resources when you need them
- Accurately predict delivery dates
- Help eliminate scope creep and lower costs
- Understand what current tasks are really going to take to get done
- Forecast when the team can commit to new work
- Increase team efficiencies by finding areas where discipline is lacking
Projectplace makes time tracking and reporting easy for you and your team members in any location, at your desks or on the go via mobile apps.
Put a Project Time Tracker Where Your Team Members Need It
Projectplace makes project time tracking easily accessible: no matter where your people are, they can enter their time quickly and move on with other work.
Projectplace enables the reporting of time in three areas within the application:
- Against activities on a Gantt chart: Team members can enter the number of hours they have worked on an activity by date, and click to report the time. This rolls up to a complete history for project management reporting.
- Against activities on a kanban card: Similar to the above, project members can report hours spent on a work item by card. This rolls up to the Gantt chart activities, for a complete and holistic view of all time spent on a project.
- Within the Projectplace Time Tracking Tool: This allows team members to record time spent on a project, and also pulls in time recorded on kanban cards. Prepopulation functions automatically fill in timesheets with activities worked on the week before, to speed the process for teams that are working on long-term projects.
With this wide accessibility, it's easy to track project time without interrupting the flow of work or requiring team members to learn new applications.
Report on Project Success
Numbers are what matters, and speeding project time reporting is what Projectplace helps you do. At any time – while the project is in flight or after delivery – show management and other stakeholders what your team has accomplished quickly and easily.
Projectplace creates project reports based on the hours stated, and allows you to export these into:
- Microsoft Excel file: The preferred format for further exploration, deep dives, and presentations
- XML: The Finance- and back office-friendly file format to feed administrative systems
Use Mobile Apps to Keep Hours Up to Date
Android or iOS, it doesn't matter: Projectplace has apps for that, and they're designed to keep your teams and projects on track.
With robust functionality paired with an intuitive interface, Projectplace mobile apps ensure that your teams not only can get their work done, they can account for it as well. They get the ability to track their time with their fingertips when they're away from their desktops, while project managers can see what's happening, no matter where they are in the world.
See Projectplace in Action!
Watch how Projectplace helps your team get work done using work collaboration features you won’t find in traditional project management software. From online Gantt charts and Kanban boards to file sharing and document management, Projectplace delivers all the project management tools you need in one integrated collaborative project management solution.
are just one powerful Projectplace feature
Collaborative Project Planning & Workstreams
Create your project plan and connect project workstream items to activities and milestones using integrated Kanban boards and Gantt charts.
Increase project team efficiency by providing a digest of upcoming, ongoing, and overdue work for yourself, your teams, and your workspaces.
Visualize the flow of work and progress across all your team’s projects and commitments.
Project managers can view, manage, and execute on a high-level roadmap plan, covering their long-term work strategy.
Resource Planning & Workload Management
Provide team leads and managers with a complete picture of task assignments and commitments across all projects.
Share files and collaborate on project documents and enable team members to attach relevant files directly to Kanban boards from varied sources.
Stay on top of project progress by visualizing your goals and plans, with all major steps, in modernized classic Gantt charts.
Use project dashboards and reports to visualize progress, help track how close the team is to meeting deadlines and identify where bottlenecks may be occurring.
Use project management apps for iOS and Android to access your work, update status of assignments, review documents, and collaborate with your team members.
Quickly set up new workspaces and projects using pre-defined project management templates based on best practices.
Provide stakeholders with the means to track performance across the projects that matter to them and to identify and address projects that may need attention.
Make it easy for your users to track and manage their time, with time reporting capabilities against all tasks and activities.
Engage your team members by enabling them to instantly share feedback, ideas, and questions.
Build custom applications and add-ons and enable integration into other systems – such as your company intranet or a mobile app.
See what our customers are saying on
Thousands of organizations across the globe use Projectplace
Connect with the applications you already use
Planview simplifies integration between Projectplace and the applications you use daily.