Enterprise Agile PlanningWatch DemoDrive Agile transformation. See how.
See how Planview’s enterprise Agile planning software can help you drive Agile transformation in this on-demand demo.
Drive Agile transformation with Planview’s enterprise Agile planning software
The world is changing at a blistering pace. To survive, thrive, and stay ahead of competition, companies are in a race to foster innovation, achieve greater agility, speed time to market and make overall better business decisions. Achieving business agility has never been more critical. Planview’s enterprise Agile planning software empowers organizations like yours to scale Agile and drive Agile transformation by evolving the way products and services get to market, increasing team productivity, and confidently funding the outcomes that matter most to the business.
Planview helps business, technology, and Agile leaders alike eliminate misalignment on key priorities, work inefficiencies, and delivery delays
- Time to market that is slow and/or unpredictable
- Funding and capacity constraints that hinder innovation and agility
- Frequent rework or missed work due to poor hand-offs, unseen dependencies, or too much WIP (work in progress)
- Lack of visibility into the priorities that matter most to the business
- Missed market opportunities due to slow pivot or change times
- Siloes across teams and departments preventing true collaboration and goal sharing
Swiftly plan, fund, and deliver what matters most to your business and your customers
Deliver faster and more predictablyConnect and collaborate across your organization with shared outcomes and holistic strategy-to-execution visibility that speeds delivery and improves time-to-market predictability.
Do more with the teams you haveReduce rework and workflow inefficiencies with shared goals, visual dependency management, WIP alerts, and capacity alignment to the priorities that matter most.
Confidently invest in the right prioritiesIteratively plan and fund to match strategy and change dynamics. Leverage scenarios and make trade-offs to build and confidently invest in the best plans.
Shift funding and enable different funding models from projects to persistent products, lines of business or value streams. Align and fund in accordance with strategic priorities. View • a larger version of the imageProduct And Value Stream Funding
Fund what matters most
Prioritize funding to align to the delivery of strategic outcomes, while understanding the impact of trade-offs and alternative plans.
- Allocate funds and budgets to map to OKRs and desired outcomes.
- Reprioritize and reallocate funding iteratively or as needed, and analyze trade-offs with continuous planning.
- Adjust funding across portfolios, products, or value streams to match priorities and goals.
Visualize and compare investment scenario impacts across the organization’s portfolios. Model trade-offs to create the optimal plan. View • a larger version of the imageScenario Planning And Funding
Model change to make confident funding decisions
Analyze current spend versus new demands and priorities in the context of the whole portfolio. Determine the best strategy by leveraging “what-if” scenarios to make your next business decision.
- Create plan scenarios to model the impact of potential changes, balance trade-offs, and visualize the impacts.
- Model different plans and funding decisions to easily compare and review.
- Make decisions based on important organizational criteria such as: cost, risk, capacity, business impact, and overall business benefit.
- Understand the impact of trade-off decisions on your ability to drive outcomes while considering organizational limits and parameters.
Build agility by changing the way your organization operationally plans, funds, and delivers value with Lean Portfolio Management approaches. View • a larger version of the imageLean Portfolio Management
Change the way your organization plans and funds
Rearchitect planning and funding processes to be more incremental and continuous. Leverage Lean Portfolio Management as a key enabler in connecting strategy to delivery and increasing enterprise agility.
- Analyze Lean business cases to incrementally fund value streams and products and leverage real-time feedback loops to make quick pivot decisions.
- Easily break down work into actionable plans; prioritize epics, fund value streams and pivot faster.
- Incrementally fund value streams, products and/or initiatives to achieve the desired outcomes.
Align around OKRs throughout your business to understand how objectives are pursued, connected, and shared. View • a larger version of the imageObjectives And Key Results (OKRs)
Drive priorities based on desired outcomes
Promote an outcome-driven approach by harnessing the power of connected Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Enhance visibility and alignment to realize business outcomes at every level – portfolio, value stream, program, and team – by enabling an OKR framework within the context of strategy, financials, and work. Streamline processes and unlock your organization’s potential by ensuring everyone is aligned with the right priorities.
- Align objectives from the portfolio to the teams.
- Prioritize work, funding, and capacity with desired outcomes.
- Shift focus from outputs to measurable outcomes.
Visually and relatively rank work on what matters most to you and your teams. View • a larger version of the imageCard Scoring
Prioritize and rank work visually
Leverage customized criteria to visually and relatively rank work on the dimensions that match your goals. Provide transparency and confidence around priorities to give your organization clarity on what work should be approved, avoided and/or further researched.
- Easily display prioritization results visually on cards on team and program boards.
- Create custom ranking criteria to determine the priorities that matter most to you and your organization.
- Visualize priorities and their relevance to each other.
Collaborate in real time using virtual sticky notes on a configurable interface to structure meetings and plan next steps. View • a larger version of the imageInstant Coffee
Digital workspace for improved collaboration
Host Lean Coffee meetings, incremental planning sessions, retrospectives and more using a virtual canvas to facilitate conversations and share ideas. Transfer cards into team boards to put ideas or plans into action.
- Quickly build out ideas, discussion points or action plans across internal or external stakeholders.
- Divide the canvas into relevant sections, vote on ideas, and add notes.
- Leverage the built-in timer to keep conversations and discussion on track.
Plan and coordinate across virtual or co-located teams. View • a larger version of the imageTeam Of Teams Planning (PI Planning)
Coordinate planning across value stream teams
Do Program Increment (PI) Planning or quarterly planning to plan, coordinate and deliver work across multiple teams leveraging visual Kanban boards to manage, track and connect work.
- Connect teams working in a mix of Agile tools and configurations with a single, highly configurable program or teams-of-teams board for cross-team planning and collaboration.
- Use the visualization of the Kanban boards to balance priorities, sequence work, and communicate realistic delivery.
- Leverage visual “red strings” to highlight dependencies and sequence work accordingly to alleviate risks.
- Quickly create new lanes, card types and board types to better reflect work flows and work delivery needs.
Allow Agile teams to connect their tool of choice into a program or teams-of-teams board with ease – enabling them to continue delivering value without disruption. View • a larger version of the imageAgile Integrations
Connect teams and their work to the portfolio
No matter what tool teams use, Planview’s Agile integrations give Agile teams tool choice and flexibility, enabling them to deliver faster and to achieve the benefits of Agile more rapidly at scale.
- Connect multiple delivery teams using disparate Agile execution tools and processes.
- Drive portfolio alignment and stakeholder feedback by creating visibility into the flow of work and enabling collaboration across teams to ensure alignment with company initiatives.
- Give teams the ability to define their own processes and leverage existing Agile execution tools and work methodologies.
Allow teams and release trains to plan, manage, coordinate, and deliver value in a highly visual way. View • a larger version of the imageAgile Program Management
Make work visual and connected
Give your Agile teams a way to visualize, plan, coordinate, and deliver your organization’s biggest initiatives quickly, effectively, and with clear insight into the value delivered.
- Effectively bring together and visually manage the work of multiple teams.
- Map dependencies between teams and ARTs with visual “strings”.
- Drag and drop cards to sequence features and stories based on capacity and other key milestones.
- Gain visibility, insight, and an understanding of work in progress and workflow across Agile teams and ARTs.
- Leverage built-in Lean and Agile metrics to understand how teams are tracking and performing.
Understand how portfolios and value streams are delivering against financial goals. View • a larger version of the imagePortfolio And Value Stream Financials
Use dynamic dashboards to action on value stream delivery
Gain insight into value delivered across your value streams with real-time financial metrics. See how allocated funding based on outcome-driven indicators and KPIs is delivered across the portfolios and value streams.
- Set the value stream budget and define benefits/revenue targets that the portfolio must generate.
- Access funding changes and funding allocations over time, compare and analyze results.
Measure actual spend and feed downstream capitalization based on team cost and progress. View • a larger version of the imageAgile Costing And Capitalization
Eliminate timesheets and roll up Agile team costs
Eliminate manual reporting and reconciliation of time sheets and return productivity time back to the business.
- Easily capture Agile team costs in real-time by automating actuals for better capitalization and reporting.
- Use the status of Kanban cards and their moment on team boards to automatically track work at the story, feature, and epic level to capture Agile team costs across the enterprise.
- Roll-up and translate work status and progress into a consolidated, fully auditable record of actual Agile costs.
Create living, interactive, and shareable roadmaps to enable one or more teams to stay up-to-date on strategy, vision and/or product direction. View • a larger version of the imageRoadmapping
Interactive Roadmaps for Teams
Build upon your outcome-driven planning journey by translating plans into a visual timeline for achieving your business outcomes and completing deliverables.
Use shared interactive roadmaps to collaborate and communicate delivery expectations. Maintain clear alignment in context of the planning and delivery that is happening.
- Create shareable roadmaps for one or more teams in your organization.
- Provide stakeholders with clear visualization of current and proposed plans.
- Keep in sync with visual indicators when plans and work are misaligned.
- Proactively identify impacts and issues to plans before delivery is delayed.
Connect software delivery to business outcomes with visibility across the lifecycle of your strategy – from planning to delivery to business impact. Use proactive and predictive value stream management insights to pivot plans and drive on-time delivery. View • a larger version of the imageDigital Product Insights Dashboard
Connect software delivery to the business outcomes
Connect portfolio management and agile planning to your delivery engine with value stream management. Get a single consolidated view into the health of your strategy, outcomes and execution.
- Gain access to visibility across the lifecycle of a strategy and plan
- Understand the flow of business with outcome attainment, budget health, capacity and workflow issue details at your fingertips
- Create faster feedback loops and enable plan pivots with proactive and predictive insights into delivery as work is happening
- Flow delivery insights (like constraints, dependencies, handoff delays) back into plans to inform capacity and funding changes
- Leverage AI approaches to bring sentiment data into a holistic view of plan performance and the need for change
- Use the embedded and connected OKRs to drive prioritization and focus across all levels of the organization
Enterprise Agile planning software capabilities
Plan and fund the right opportunities.
Product and Value Stream Funding
Shift funding models from projects to persistent products, lines of business or value streams. Ensure teams, teams of teams and value streams are aligned and funded in accordance with strategic priorities.
Set Lean budget guardrails for any portfolio, value stream or investment horizon cohort. Determine the funding parameters and policies for incremental spend based on desired criteria.
Scenario Planning and Modeling
Visualize and compare investment scenario impacts across the organization’s portfolios. Model trade-offs to create the optimal plan.
Leverage capacity planning capabilities to plan portfolio, program and team capacity based on funding and desired outcomes.
Build agility by changing the way your organization operationally plans, funds, and delivers value. Analyze Lean business cases to incrementally fund value streams and products and leverage real-time feedback loops to make quick pivot decisions.
Ensure the organization is aligned to the strategic priorities that matter most.
Foster an outcome-based approach to strategy and delivery alignment by establishing a clear line of sight into connected work, from the portfolio to the teams, all within a single solution.
Interactive Roadmaps for Teams
Translate plans into a visual timeline for achieving your business outcomes and completing deliverables. Use shared, interactive roadmaps to collaborate and communicate direction and expectations throughout delivery.
Lean Business Cases and Demand Intake
Create a Lean business case to provide just enough information to identify priority initiatives and epics. Easily determine which priorities should be funded, and their potential business impact.
Digital Product Insights Dashboard
Connect software delivery to business outcomes with visibility across the lifecycle of your strategy – from planning to delivery to business impact. Use proactive and predictive value stream management insights to pivot plans and drive on-time delivery.
Visually and relatively rank work on the criteria that matter most to you and your teams.
Manage the backlog from the portfolio to the teams. Drag and drop to add, adjust, groom, and prioritize backlog items to ensure the most valuable work is delivered first.
Understand the investments and portfolio financials that drive the business.
Track and manage a portfolio’s costs, benefits, and budget, at a glance.
Anticipate capacity and funding requirements by role, team, skill, and location to gain an early picture of future needs and the impact to costs and budgets.
Automatically calculate financial metrics such as ROI, NPV, IRR, and payback period. Use insights to determine investment strategies.
Agile Costing and Capitalization
Easily capture Agile team costs in real time by automating actuals for better capitalization and reporting.
Drive connection and collaboration across teams of teams to increase alignment and value delivery.
Connect and collaborate in real-time using a built-in virtual whiteboard experience and support Lean Coffee, incremental planning, retrospectives and more.
Centrally define planning and delivery increments and timelines for the organization and/or teams. Use time increments to standardize work and work cadences across teams and boards.
Teams of Teams Planning
Do Program Increment (PI) Planning or Quarterly Planning to plan, coordinate and deliver work across multiple teams leveraging visual Kanban boards to manage, track and connect work.
Set limits on the number of cards that can be put in any lane or sub-lane on your board or define the number of items that can be assigned to each team member.
Card and Board Health
Understand bottlenecks, delays and overall work item or team health using card and board metrics. Use insights to adjust priorities, manage flow and highlight risks.
Dependency Management and Visual
See work and associated cross-team dependencies to proactively identify and mitigate potential delivery delays.
Provide teams and teams of teams with a way to visualize, plan (do PI Planning/Quarterly Planning), and coordinate organizational initiatives quickly, effectively, and with clarity into the value delivered.
Leverage the Agile integration capabilities to enable Agile teams in different and disparate Agile execution tools to visually plan, manage, and coordinate their work inside a single solution and with single view into all work.
Use Kanban boards to visualize work, status, and dependencies between teams, to optimize workflow, improve velocity, and better prioritize efforts for more predictable delivery.
Track and measure outcomes and key metrics from the portfolio to the teams.
Provide high-level visibility into important metrics and KPIs in an easy to consume view spanning strategy, portfolios, value streams, epics/initiatives, products, and teams.
Lean and Agile Metrics
Use built-in metrics to assess team performance, make sound strategic decisions, and promote continuous improvement without disrupting team productivity.
Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
Architect, structure and monitor objectives and key results to realize business outcomes at every level. Ensure funding, budgeting and capacity align to the key results that achieve the desired outcomes.
EAP software for Agile and hybrid enterprises
Whether your organization is 100% Agile or takes a hybrid approach, Planview has an EAP solution for you. Reach out and we’ll help you find the best fit for your unique requirements.Contact Us • Contact
Get up and running fast with our enterprise Agile planning experts
From solution implementation to ongoing operational support, Planview offers professional services, training, and support that maximize the value of your technology investment.Learn more • PSA
“Planview is more a partner to us than our supplier. We get from them advice on ways of working and how to make the most of our solution.”
Director of Operations, Santander Technology UK
Leverage Agile partners to transform your way
If your organization needs additional assistance, we have you covered. Planview has partnered with best-of-breed Agile partners around the world to make sure your Agile solution is implemented, rolled out, and drives the business outcomes your organization desires. Regardless of where you are today, our partners can take you where you want to go.
Connect the applications you use every day
Integrate Planview EAP software with your existing tools and applications to drive Agile transformation.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us to see if your app is supported.
Planview is a recognized innovator and industry leader
Planview has been recognized time and time again for our contributions to Portfolio and Work Management innovation, making us a unique partner for accelerating transformation. See what industry analysts have to say.
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Adaptive Project Management and Reporting
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Strategic Portfolio Management
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Project Portfolio Management for 15 consecutive years
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Strategic Portfolio Management Tools, Q1 2022
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide IT Project and Portfolio Management 2019–2020
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Agile Project and Portfolio Management 2020 Vendor Assessment, Jan 2020
- Named a Leader and a Fast Mover in the 2022 GigaOm Radar for Value Stream Management.
- Named a top performer in the Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Value Stream Management, 2022
Take a tour of our EAP software for Agile and hybrid enterprises
See how Planview’s enterprise Agile planning software can help you drive Agile transformation in this on-demand demo.Watch Demo Drive Agile transformation. See how. • Contact
The Complete Agile Software Buying Guide
Learn what to consider when adopting Lean and Agile practices and how to determine the right solution for your organization.
Get the guide : The Complete Agile Software Buying Guide
The 7 Must-Haves for Achieving Scaling Agile Success
Get the must-haves and pro tips needed to scale AgileGet the eBook • The 7 Must-Haves for Achieving Scaling Agile Success
The best enterprise Agile planning software for Agile and Hybrid enterprises
“While transformation is largely dependent on culture and behavior, it also requires the right people, process, and tools. Planview enables RBS to maintain a controlled environment and provide transparency of delivery across our Agile teams. At the same time, we are able to track the main-level financial data, outcomes, and business cases, and ultimately the delivery of value throughout our business domains (value streams). You don’t go from one end of the Agile journey in one go. It’s a transition, step by step, and Planview is helping us get there.”
Head of Change Centre of Excellence, NatWest
“Having seen our flow of work, productivity, and enjoyment of getting the right outcomes grow, we will continue to explore more ways to utilize Planview.”
Senior Methods & Tools Architect
- Nationwide Building Society
- VW Volkswagen
- UPS United Parcel Service
- Conagra Brands
- De Beers Jewelers
- EA Sports
- BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vodafone Group
- Commonwealth Bank
- Abbott Nutrition
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- ABB Group
- Johnson & Johnson