Planview Top PPM Tools for Every PMO… and More!
Project and portfolio management solutions are not just for IT and the PMO but can also be leveraged within other parts of your organization that may be managing work via projects, programs, products, and portfolios – from IT, to products organizations, to professional services.
IT Project Portfolio Management
Organizations are driving toward growth, innovation, and transformation at a faster pace than ever before. IT PMOs recognize success requires more than on-time, on-budget project delivery and managing a backlog of change. This is especially true as new methods of work delivery proliferate. IT PMOs need to drive prioritization and delivery based on business value of projects to reduce costs, as well as realize digital transformation strategies.
Planview’s IT PPM software elevates your PMO practices to deliver a portfolio with higher strategic value by:
- Optimizing resource utilization through capacity planning within your IT portfolio management tool. When change comes, being able to focus the right resources on the highest priorities is key to making strategy real.
- Delivering business value and understanding the “why” behind project requests; track business KPIs and ensure focus on delivering what’s most important.
Planview gives you the IT PPM capabilities that enable business stakeholders to visualize and understand portfolio performance against plans, for better and faster decisions ensuring resources deliver the highest value projects:
- Project portfolio tools: Prioritize projects to set direction for execution
- IT Demand Management Tools: Centralize capture of new demand and route requests through a centralized intake process
- Resource capacity planning capabilities: Balance capacity and demand
- Resource management tools: Improve utilization with an integrated view of resources and work
- Budget tracking and financial management: Manage the underlying financials or projects and portfolios; capture actuals and use capitalization to accurately forecast for future work
- Technology portfolio management tools: Analyze impacts based on dependencies between business capabilities, applications, and technology
- Work management: Integrate with third-party agile tools like Jira and leverage Planview FLEX to give teams the tools they need to get work done, no matter how they work
Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Enterprise project management offices focus primarily on ensuring that enterprise projects and programs deliver maximum value to the organization. EPMOs drive PPM at scale across the business for enterprise-wide governance, change management, visibility, and strategic decision-making. Enterprise PPM software lets you plan and manage cross-departmental program and project delivery essential to achieving key strategic objectives.
With Planview enterprise portfolio management tools, gain access to comprehensive portfolio analysis and reporting, dashboards, and ‘what-if’ scenario planning to ensure on-time delivery. Take a continuous planning approach so you can reprioritize and realign resources when business priorities and strategies shift or change.
- Bring strategic programs to life: Define top-down timeframes and financials; adjust based on bottom-up progress and forecasts
- Create capacity for innovation and transformation: Balance capacity against demand; compare scenarios to evaluate alternative staffing and funding approaches for achieving outcomes, and effectively focus resources to deliver
- Automate phase-gated processes: Gain visibility into gate deliverables and status; visualize trends with configurable gate status fields and dashboards
- Support multiple work methods for delivery: Equip teams with the right tools to deliver their best work, no matter how they work
- Mitigate risk with improved visibility: Analyze impacts and manage dependencies while building technology plans and roadmaps to achieve strategic objectives
- Share progress through executive dashboards: Provide leaders clear visibility into strategic progress across the organization
New Product Development (NPD)
Accelerate R&D and new product development productivity by providing a single system for managing your gated new product development process with Planview. For many, what was once manageable with spreadsheets and shared file systems is no longer feasible or fast enough. Planview’s modern product portfolio management solutions help you drive your organization’s new product development to:
- Streamline gated processes and improve time-to-market
- Focus your resources on the most valuable projects
- Get the project visibility you need to increase on-time delivery and decrease risk of launch delays
Advance your new product development process with Planview’s product portfolio management capabilities. Realize these benefits:
- Prioritize pipelines to achieve the product strategy: Evaluate project and portfolio trade-off decisions and quickly determine payoff versus investment
- Focus resources on the most valuable projects: Analyze and monitor resource utilization on a regular basis to avoid painful overloads and stalled product delivery
- Speed time to market: Create project timelines for new product development and delivery, highlighting potential gaps and overlaps, and simplifying reporting on projects and the product portfolio. Improve on-time execution across your entire project portfolio
- Centralize idea-to-launch process: Boost product innovation by capturing ideas from across the organization for easy reference, categorization, and evaluation
- Assess gated project status: Empower your team members to move quickly and confidently through stages and gates with prescriptive templates and milestones built into project execution, avoiding missed steps and mitigating project risk
- Product team work collaboration: Offer an open innovation workspace for internal and external product development collaborators with Planview FLEX – Work Management for Teams
- Share portfolio performance dashboards: Visualize project status, resource impact, total cost of development, and portfolio mix using configurable, out-of-the-box dashboards and reports to drive new product development value
Services Resource Planning for Professional Services Organizations
Services organizations strive to utilize their resources more effectively, optimize their cost structure, and respond quickly to new client opportunities. When manual processes and disparate tools are no longer sufficient, organizations leverage integrated project and resource planning software to see profitability increase and gain visibility from pipeline to invoice.
Planview’s resource planning software merges planning and delivery to optimally align resources with project requirements, ultimately creating client satisfaction.
- Analytics and reporting: Stay on top of all client projects and resources with up-to-date information; track progress and automate status reporting with out-of-the-box reporting that delivers meaningful views for you and your clients
- Resource management: Optimize your staffing with real time views of demand to get the right people – internal and contractors – on the right work at the right time
- Demand and capacity planning: See where demand is coming from and manage it efficiently
- Engagement management and service delivery management: Capture SOW details like project plans, schedules, and estimates; manage project health, stay on top of resources, fix bottlenecks quickly, and let your clients know exactly what’s happening and why
- Financial management: Control your costs while serving your clients effectively; track the financials you rely on by client, project, region, etc.
- Integrate with enterprise applications and systems: Seamless connectivity with both ERP and CRM business applications to automate and streamline opportunity pipeline, capacity planning, and billing processes