Value Stream ManagementWatch DemoImprove speed and efficiency. See how.
See how Planview’s value stream management software can help you improve agility, predictability, and efficiency in this on-demand demo.
Improve predictability, visibility, and efficiency with Planview’s value stream management software
Winning in a market disrupted by digital natives requires excellence in software delivery and product development execution. Planview’s value stream management software gives CIOs, transformation executives, and product and engineering leaders end-to-end visibility into the value streams that run and support your business and a common language for prioritizing investments. With Planview’s cross-tool, cross-discipline insights into what’s working well and where flow is constrained, you can accelerate time-to-market, reduce costs, and create a culture that attracts and retains top talent.
Planview helps CIOs, transformation leaders, and heads of product and engineering eliminate lost revenue, missed commitments, and process inefficiency
- Disconnected end-to-end delivery processes
- Rework and wasted effort caused by poor communication and error-prone manual processes
- Poor visibility into bottlenecks and dependencies
- Lack of alignment between technology and business leaders
- Unpredictable delivery that impacts financial performance and customer satisfaction
- Innovation stifled by technical debt and poor quality
Level up the performance of your technology organization
Improve time-to-market and predictabilityMeet customer and market needs by learning faster than your competitors and basing decisions on complete data about capacity and constraints.
Streamline software development to unlock capacityImprove productivity, efficiency, and employee engagement by relieving bottlenecks, improving quality, and maintaining healthy workloads.
Stay modern and compliant by addressing debt and riskEnsure innovation by paying down technical debt and simplifying governance across your portfolio.
Dashboards for leaders who oversee multiple products, product lines, or entire departments help make data-based decisions that directly impact speed and agility. View • a larger version of the imageBusiness Agility Metrics
Improve market response and predictability
IT, group, and portfolio-level dashboards help executives and leaders identify systemic issues, drive improvements, and sustain transformation momentum.
- Maximize ROI. Value diminishes as work waits. Insights into efficiency and aging help focus the organization on getting the right work done, fast.
- Inform tradeoffs with capacity insights. Agility can only be reached if delivery teams are not overutilized. Use data-driven capacity insights to set priorities and make more effective tradeoffs.
- Improve decision-making. Strike the right balance between innovation and long-term sustainability with product management insights.
- Embed good practices. Our dashboards codify good lean-agile practices. Leaders and teams are alerted when value streams are becoming unhealthy so they can become proactive in solving problems.
With Flow Metrics dashboards for end-to-end value streams, get visibility into the flow of work and its impact on business outcome. View • a larger version of the imageBusiness And Technology Alignment
Track flow to business outcomes
Flow Metrics create a common language to connect technology and the business. Start using these board-ready, simple, and consistent metrics to measure value delivery. Benefit from leading indicators into the impact of your transformation.
- Measure value from idea to outcome. Un-silo data to see where improvements and resources can drive better outcomes for your customers.
- Become data-driven. Track the impact of events, experiments, and resources on results to course-correct quickly and make smarter future investments.
- Correlate performance with results. Look at the system as a whole, all in one place. Track flow alongside outcomes from Financial, Operations, Customer Experience, OKR, and HR systems.
Live value stream visualization and Bottleneck Finder help identify precisely where and why work is getting stuck. View • a larger version of the imageEfficiency and Cost Reduction
Identify bottlenecks and dependencies
Optimizing anywhere outside the system’s bottleneck is counter-productive. Bottleneck Finder traces work through all its steps and clearly visualizes where things are getting stuck.
- Visualize and tackle constraints. See where work is piling up and aging and focus your resources where it will make a difference.
- Reduce the rework and unplanned work. See at a glance when quality is deteriorating and get to the root cause by examining the source of the underlying defects.
- Understand and mitigate dependencies. Find out where process or product dependencies are slowing down delivery, and proactively take action to avoid missed commitments.
- Safely experiment to see results. Flow Metrics reflect the effectiveness of your improvement efforts. If it’s working, double down. If it’s not helping, try something else.
Landscape View visualizes cross-tool integrations so anyone can understand what is flowing and how data is being normalized. View • a larger version of the imageCross-tool Integration
Unlock thousands of hours of productivity
Turn your best-of-breed toolchain into a seamless, interoperable tech stack that optimizes productivity and the developer experience without compromising on collaboration.
- Pre-built, no-code connectors. Our 60+ connectors to widely adopted tools are built on a massive proactive testing suite to maximize data fidelity.
- Eliminate manual data entry. Replace error-prone copy/paste between applications with real-time, cross-tool, cross-team data integration.
- Resolve issues faster. Increase customer satisfaction with faster end-to-end resolution by connecting internal and external software supply chains.
- Automate traceability. Eliminate common human errors and improve data fidelity to reduce the cost of quality and compliance.
Value stream management (VSM) software capabilities
Capture Flow Metrics for products and portfolios.
Flow Metrics Dashboards
Consistently measure speed, velocity, and efficiency across the entire IT portfolio with the field-proven Flow Framework® and auto-rendered value stream maps.
Value Stream Analytics
Go beyond metrics with insights into what needs to change. Understand the root cause of current performance, at both a macro and micro level.
Identify emerging risks to timelines. Hone in on the most burdened and burnt out streams. Leverage high performers to help or loan resources.
Pinpoint bottlenecks, waste and unnecessary costs. Proactively address them to keep initiatives on track and outcomes within reach.
Align business and technology with joint accountability to business outcomes.
Un-Silo Decision Making
Optimize end-to-end software development processes and flow based on historical and what-if analysis. Aggregate metrics across team of teams.
Leverage leading indicators to understand if business outcomes and OKRs are on-track. Correlate efficiency improvements to value delivery.
Product Management Guardrails
Sustain products throughout their life cycle. Get alerts when distribution of Features, Defects, Debts or Risks are inadequate to prevent the ‘product death spiral’.
Create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement. Empower teams with a rapid feedback loop that allows safe experimentation and incremental change.
Create an end-to-end control plane to scale best practices and governance.
Software Delivery Optimization
Scale best practices and governance across heterogenous tools and processes. Map value streams and visualize people, processes, and platforms.
Embed and enforce lean-agile practices across horizontal delivery streams. In-tool guides, tutorials, and dedicated flow advisors help to ease adoption and learning.
Automate traceability across the software delivery supply chain to ease governance. Let Planview value stream management software insert cross-tool traceability links for smoother audits.
Easily account for hybrid ways of working. Intuitive no-code modeling coupled with smart automations map varying semantics to the industry gold-standard.
Heterogeneous tool integration and management.
Tech Stack Interoperability
60+ out-of-the-box integrations allow you to maximize specialists’ productivity while eliminating duplicate data entry and manual overhead.
Common Data Model
Capture, normalize, and maintain process data over time across the entire software development and delivery toolchain.
Reuse and extend integrations to hundreds of projects without additional effort. Model-based integration makes integrations 4x faster to set up and 10x easier to maintain.
Ensure clean, accurate and up-to-date data in your systems. Automatically cascade changes, updates, comments and attachments to all affected parties.
VSM software for CIOs and technology leaders
Whether your organization is seeking to measure flow to shorten time-to-market or automate flow to improve efficiency and quality, Planview has a VSM solution for you. Reach out and we’ll help you find the best fit for your unique requirements.Contact Us • Contact
Get up and running fast with our value stream management experts
From solution implementation to ongoing operational support, Planview offers professional services, training, and support that maximize the value of your technology investment.Learn more • VSM
“Planview is more a partner to us than our supplier. We get from them advice on ways of working and how to make the most of our solution.”
Director of Operations, Santander Technology UK
Implement value stream management with your chosen team
Planview’s network of global service partners and local consultancy firms is trained and available to help establish your value stream management practice. Work with your chosen transformation partners to accelerate your shift from project to product with the Planview platform.
Planview is a recognized innovator and industry leader
Planview has been recognized time and time again for our contributions to Portfolio and Work Management innovation, making us a unique partner for accelerating transformation. See what industry analysts have to say.
- Named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Adaptive Project Management and Reporting
- Named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Strategic Portfolio Management
- Named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Agile Planning Tools
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
- Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Strategic Portfolio Management and IT Project and Portfolio Management 2023–2024 Vendor Assessment — Driving Adaptive Business Optimization with AI and Connected Data
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Value Stream Management and Agile Project and Portfolio Management 2023-2024 Vendor Assessment, – Leveraging AI for Dynamic, Agile Value Creation
- Named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Collaborative Work Management 2023–2024 Vendor Assessment — Uniting Teams, Data, and AI for Flexible Work
- Named a Leader in the 2023 GigaOm Radar for Value Stream Management
- Named a Leader and a Fast Mover in the 2022 GigaOm Radar for Value Stream Management.
- Named a Leader in Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Strategic Portfolio Management Q3 2023
- Named a Leader in Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Project and Portfolio Management Q3 2023
- Named a Leader in the Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Value Stream Management (VSM), 2023
- Named a Leader in the Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Enterprise Agile Planning, 2023
- Named a Leader in the Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Innovation Management, 2023
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and MAGIC QUADRANT is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Take a tour of our VSM software for CIOs and technology leaders
See how Planview’s value stream management software can help you improve agility, predictability, and efficiency in this on-demand demo.Watch Demo Improve speed and efficiency. See how. • Contact
The CIO’s Value Stream Management Playbook: 12 Steps to Mastering Software at Scale
Download this playbook to learn the 12-steps to running a high-performing technology organization within a large-scale enterprise and how to get started.Download now • The CIO’s Value Stream Management Playbook: 12 Steps to Mastering Software at Scale
Project to Product Maturity Assessment
Benchmark key components of the project to product shift and get practical recommendations on how to advance in this five-stage journey.Take the assessment • Project to Product Maturity Assessment
Transitioning from Project to Product with the Flow Framework®
Learn how the Flow Framework can guide and measure your organization’s transition to product value streams.Get the whitepaper • Transitioning from Project to Product with the Flow Framework®
The Forrester Wave™: Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
Planview’s Tasktop is named a Leader, receiving the top score in the current offering category.Get the report • The Forrester Wave™: Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
The best value stream management software for the world’s most ambitious enterprises
“Planview Viz is the way we shifted our thinking away from proxy metrics to more predictive and genuinely product-based flow of business and customer value.”
“We have effectively unlocked dozens of hours of productivity each week, which we can now devote to solving more issues, faster.”
Senior Manager, ALIP Quality Lead
“Planview has been the wind in our sails, helping us innovate faster and accelerate our time-to-market so we can deliver premium user experiences and expand our leadership in the smart electric vehicle market.”
Jack Longyun Zou
Vice IT Director
Planview’s VSM solution delivers results
Major project delivered 1 year ahead of schedule
Using value stream integrations and insightsSource: BMW Watch the case study video
98% Faster handovers
From Requirements and Systems Engineers to Software Developers and TestersSource: Frequentis – International supplier of information systems for safety-critical tasks Read the case study
7500 Days saved per year
Using Planview value stream management solution’s plug-and-play software integrationsSource: CGI – Global 2000 IT & Business Consulting Services Read the case study
- Nationwide Building Society
- VW Volkswagen
- UPS United Parcel Service
- Conagra Brands
- De Beers Jewelers
- EA Sports
- BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vodafone Group
- Commonwealth Bank
- Abbott Nutrition
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- ABB Group
- Johnson & Johnson