Improve predictability, visibility, and efficiency with Planview’s value stream management software
Winning in a market disrupted by digital natives requires excellence in software delivery and product development execution. Planview’s value stream management software gives CIOs, transformation executives, and product and engineering leaders end-to-end visibility into the value streams that run and support your business and a common language for prioritizing investments. With Planview’s cross-tool, cross-discipline insights into what’s working well and where flow is constrained, you can accelerate time-to-market, reduce costs, and create a culture that attracts and retains top talent.
Planview helps CIOs, transformation leaders, and heads of product and engineering eliminate lost revenue, missed commitments, and process inefficiency
- Disconnected end-to-end delivery processes
- Rework and wasted effort caused by poor communication and error-prone manual processes
- Poor visibility into bottlenecks and dependencies
- Lack of alignment between technology and business leaders
- Unpredictable delivery that impacts financial performance and customer satisfaction
- Innovation stifled by technical debt and poor quality
Level up the performance of your technology organization
Improve time-to-market and predictabilityMeet customer and market needs by learning faster than your competitors and basing decisions on complete data about capacity and constraints.
Streamline software development to unlock capacityImprove productivity, efficiency, and employee engagement by relieving bottlenecks, improving quality, and maintaining healthy workloads.
Stay modern and compliant by addressing debt and riskEnsure innovation by paying down technical debt and simplifying governance across your portfolio.
- Dashboards for leaders who oversee multiple products, product lines, or entire departments help make data-based decisions that directly impact speed and agility. View • a larger version of the imageBusiness Agility Metrics
Improve market response and predictability
IT, group, and portfolio-level dashboards help executives and leaders identify systemic issues, drive improvements, and sustain transformation momentum.
- Maximize ROI. Value diminishes as work waits. Insights into efficiency and aging help focus the organization on getting the right work done, fast.
- Inform tradeoffs with capacity insights. Agility can only be reached if delivery teams are not overutilized. Use data-driven capacity insights to set priorities and make more effective tradeoffs.
- Improve decision-making. Strike the right balance between innovation and long-term sustainability with product management insights.
- Embed good practices. Our dashboards codify good lean-agile practices. Leaders and teams are alerted when value streams are becoming unhealthy so they can become proactive in solving problems.
- With Flow Metrics dashboards for end-to-end value streams, get visibility into the flow of work and its impact on business outcome. View • a larger version of the imageBusiness And Technology Alignment
Track flow to business outcomes
Flow Metrics create a common language to connect technology and the business. Start using these board-ready, simple, and consistent metrics to measure value delivery. Benefit from leading indicators into the impact of your transformation.
- Measure value from idea to outcome. Un-silo data to see where improvements and resources can drive better outcomes for your customers.
- Become data-driven. Track the impact of events, experiments, and resources on results to course-correct quickly and make smarter future investments.
- Correlate performance with results. Look at the system as a whole, all in one place. Track flow alongside outcomes from Financial, Operations, Customer Experience, OKR, and HR systems.
- Live value stream visualization and Bottleneck Finder help identify precisely where and why work is getting stuck. View • a larger version of the imageEfficiency and Cost Reduction
Identify bottlenecks and dependencies
Optimizing anywhere outside the system’s bottleneck is counter-productive. Bottleneck Finder traces work through all its steps and clearly visualizes where things are getting stuck.
- Visualize and tackle constraints. See where work is piling up and aging and focus your resources where it will make a difference.
- Reduce the rework and unplanned work. See at a glance when quality is deteriorating and get to the root cause by examining the source of the underlying defects.
- Understand and mitigate dependencies. Find out where process or product dependencies are slowing down delivery, and proactively take action to avoid missed commitments.
- Safely experiment to see results. Flow Metrics reflect the effectiveness of your improvement efforts. If it’s working, double down. If it’s not helping, try something else.
- Landscape View visualizes cross-tool integrations so anyone can understand what is flowing and how data is being normalized. View • a larger version of the imageCross-tool Integration
Unlock thousands of hours of productivity
Turn your best-of-breed toolchain into a seamless, interoperable tech stack that optimizes productivity and the developer experience without compromising on collaboration.
- Pre-built, no-code connectors. Our 60+ connectors to widely adopted tools are built on a massive proactive testing suite to maximize data fidelity.
- Eliminate manual data entry. Replace error-prone copy/paste between applications with real-time, cross-tool, cross-team data integration.
- Resolve issues faster. Increase customer satisfaction with faster end-to-end resolution by connecting internal and external software supply chains.
- Automate traceability. Eliminate common human errors and improve data fidelity to reduce the cost of quality and compliance.
Value stream management (VSM) software capabilities
Capture flow metrics for products and portfolios.
Flow Metrics Dashboards
Consistently measure speed, velocity, and efficiency across the entire IT portfolio with the field-proven Flow Framework® and auto-rendered value stream maps.
Value Stream Analytics
Go beyond metrics with insights into what needs to change. Understand the root cause of current performance, at both a macro and micro level.
Identify emerging risks to timelines. Hone in on the most burdened and burnt out streams. Leverage high performers to help or loan resources.
Pinpoint bottlenecks, waste and unnecessary costs. Proactively address them to keep initiatives on track and outcomes within reach.
Align business and technology with joint accountability to business outcomes.
Un-Silo Decision Making
Optimize end-to-end software development processes and flow based on historical and what-if analysis. Aggregate metrics across team of teams.
Leverage leading indicators to understand if business outcomes and OKRs are on-track. Correlate efficiency improvements to value delivery.
Product Management Guardrails
Sustain products throughout their life cycle. Get alerts when distribution of Features, Defects, Debts or Risks are inadequate to prevent the ‘product death spiral’.
Create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement. Empower teams with a rapid feedback loop that allows safe experimentation and incremental change.
Create an end-to-end control plane to scale best practices and governance.
Software Delivery Optimization
Scale best practices and governance across heterogenous tools and processes. Map value streams and visualize people, processes, and platforms.
Embed and enforce lean-agile practices across horizontal delivery streams. In-tool guides, tutorials, and dedicated flow advisors help to ease adoption and learning.
Automate traceability across the software delivery supply chain to ease governance. Let Planview value stream management software insert cross-tool traceability links for smoother audits.
Easily account for hybrid ways of working. Intuitive no-code modeling coupled with smart automations map varying semantics to the industry gold-standard.
Heterogeneous tool integration and management.
Tech Stack Interoperability
60+ out-of-the-box integrations allow you to maximize specialists’ productivity while eliminating duplicate data entry and manual overhead.
Common Data Model
Capture, normalize, and maintain process data over time across the entire software development and delivery toolchain.
Reuse and extend integrations to hundreds of projects without additional effort. Model-based integration makes integrations 4x faster to set up and 10x easier to maintain.
Ensure clean, accurate and up-to-date data in your systems. Automatically cascade changes, updates, comments and attachments to all affected parties.
VSM software for CIOs and technology leaders
Whether your organization is seeking to measure flow to shorten time-to-market or automate flow to improve efficiency and quality, Planview has a VSM solution for you. Reach out and we’ll help you find the best fit for your unique requirements.Contact Us • Contact
Get up and running fast with our value stream management experts
From solution implementation to ongoing operational support, Planview offers professional services, training, and support that maximize the value of your technology investment.Learn more • VSM
“Planview is more a partner to us than our supplier. We get from them advice on ways of working and how to make the most of our solution.”
Director of Operations, Santander Technology UK
Implement value stream management with your chosen team
Planview’s network of global service partners and local consultancy firms is trained and available to help establish your value stream management practice. Work with your chosen transformation partners to accelerate your shift from project to product with the Planview platform.
Connect the applications you use every day
Integrate Planview VSM software with 60+ tools and applications to improve speed and efficiency.
Check out the full list of our integrations.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us to see if your app is supported.More Integrations
Planview is a recognized innovator and industry leader
Planview has been recognized time and time again for our contributions to Portfolio and Work Management innovation, making us a unique partner for accelerating transformation. See what industry analysts have to say.
- Show Me Hide
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Adaptive Project Management and Reporting
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Strategic Portfolio Management
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Agile Planning for 3 consecutive years
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Project Portfolio Management for 15 consecutive years
- Show Me Hide
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Strategic Portfolio Management Tools, Q1 2022
- Show Me Hide
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide IT Project and Portfolio Management 2019–2020
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Agile Project and Portfolio Management 2020 Vendor Assessment, Jan 2020
- Show Me Hide
- Named a Leader and a Fast Mover in the 2022 GigaOm Radar for Value Stream Management.
- Show Me Hide
- Named a top performer in the Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Value Stream Management, 2022
Take a tour of our VSM software for CIOs and technology leaders
See how Planview’s value stream management software can help you improve agility, predictability, and efficiency in this on-demand demo.Watch Demo Improve speed and efficiency. See how. • Contact
The CIO’s Value Stream Management Playbook: 12 Steps to Mastering Software at Scale
Download this playbook to learn the 12-steps to running a high-performing technology organization within a large-scale enterprise and how to get started.Download now • The CIO’s Value Stream Management Playbook: 12 Steps to Mastering Software at Scale
Flow Metrics: A Business Leader’s Guide to Measuring What Matters in Software Delivery
Discover how to measure what matters in software deliveryGet the eBook • Flow Metrics: A Business Leader’s Guide to Measuring What Matters in Software Delivery
Project to Product Maturity Assessment
Benchmark key components of the project to product shift and get practical recommendations on how to advance in this five-stage journey.Take the assessment • Project to Product Maturity Assessment
How Technology Teams Can Thrive with Flow-Based OKRs
Discover recommendations for business and technology leaders who want to adopt OKRs as part of their digital transformation strategy.Get the eBook • How Technology Teams Can Thrive with Flow-Based OKRs
Transitioning from Project to Product with the Flow Framework®
Learn how the Flow Framework can guide and measure your organization’s transition to product value streams.Get the whitepaper • Transitioning from Project to Product with the Flow Framework®
The Forrester Wave™: Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
Planview’s Tasktop is named a Leader, receiving the top score in the current offering category.Get the report • The Forrester Wave™: Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
The best value stream management software for the world’s most ambitious enterprises
“Tasktop Viz is the way we shifted our thinking away from proxy metrics to more predictive and genuinely product-based flow of business and customer value.”
“Today, we can integrate different software products with each other much more quickly than before. And at the same time, we are much better able to gain new insights from our data and to use them to become better and faster.”
Rene Te-Strote Littlefair
Project Lead, Central IT
“We have effectively unlocked dozens of hours of productivity each week, which we can now devote to solving more issues, faster.”
Senior Manager, ALIP Quality Lead
“Tasktop has been the wind in our sails, helping us innovate faster and accelerate our time-to-market so we can deliver premium user experiences and expand our leadership in the smart electric vehicle market.”
Jack Longyun Zou
Vice IT Director
Planview’s VSM solution delivers results
Major project delivered 1 year ahead of schedule
Using value stream integrations and insightsSource: BMW Watch the case study video
98% Faster handovers
From Requirements and Systems Engineers to Software Developers and TestersSource: Frequentis – International supplier of information systems for safety-critical tasks Read the case study
7500 Days saved per year
Using Planview value stream management solution’s plug-and-play software integrationsSource: CGI – Global 2000 IT & Business Consulting Services Read the case study
- Nationwide Building Society
- VW Volkswagen
- UPS United Parcel Service
- Conagra Brands
- De Beers Jewelers
- EA Sports
- BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vodafone Group
- Commonwealth Bank
- Abbott Nutrition
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- ABB Group
- Johnson & Johnson
Take the next step!
Watch Demo Improve speed and efficiency. See how.Download Solution Brief