Adapt for disruptions with Planview’s product portfolio management solution
Economic headwinds, supply chain constraints, and customer demands are causing significant disruptions to product planning and development processes. Empower your organization to accelerate innovation, optimize cycle time, pivot and adapt quickly.
Planview’s product portfolio management solution enables R&D and product leaders to prioritize high-value products, proactively identify risks and dependencies, and optimize product development processes to achieve target revenue and profitability.
Planview empowers R&D and product leaders to reduce inefficiencies and minimize impact from disruptions
- Loss of revenue, market share, and competitive advantage due to lack of visibility to make informed decisions
- Inflated costs due to siloed development, costly rework, and lack of collaboration
- Reduced growth caused by an inability to prioritize strategic investments or develop innovative products
- Increased risk exposure due to fragmented portfolio visibility and unaddressed dependencies
- Ineffective business decisions based on inaccurate and manual reporting
- Loss of brand loyalty caused by delayed releases and poor customer experiences
Speed product development and achieve strategic growth
Accelerate innovationInnovate and impact revenue faster with advanced data analytics and product prioritization that aligns the portfolio to strategic initiatives.
Reduce cycle timeStreamline product development processes and reduce costs with cross-functional collaboration, better insights into dependencies, and automated reporting.
Adapt for disruptionsMitigate risks, address evolving uncertainty, and pivot your product mix with dynamic planning, what-if analysis, and scenario modeling.
- Understand the revenue impact of each scenario over time. View • a larger version of the imageWhat-if Scenario Modeling
Maximize revenue and margin with “what-if” investment and capacity scenario models
Streamline your prioritization process and increase portfolio value by simplifying analysis of products and projects against criteria such as technical viability, financial impact, resource capacity, complexity, risk, and commercialization success.
- Compare What-If Scenarios. Evaluate multiple scenarios reflecting different business conditions to respond quickly and take advantage of market shifts.
- Reduce Portfolio Risk. Visually illustrate portfolio mix and balance to determine what changes, if any, should be made to properly align with risk tolerance.
- Use product roadmapping to communicate complex product and technical roadmaps with the push of a button. View • a larger version of the imageStrategic Roadmapping
Measure and communicate progress across multiple product roadmaps and project plans
Empower your organization to easily visualize and communicate roadmaps and key launch dates – increasing awareness and improving proactive decision-making for all stakeholders in the product commercialization process.
- Prevent Product Delays. Utilize out-of-the-box performance indicators for instant visibility to track status and address issues.
- Understand Dependencies. Examine the dependency between products and technology, platform, project, and service components required to launch and evolve smart, connected products.
- Share the Roadmap Vision. Eliminate the manual struggle of developing roadmaps via slideware. Instead, quickly slice the portfolio roadmap into exportable views for engineers, executives, supply chain, and even customers.
- Generate greater ROI from your product portfolio by leveraging the right resources. View • a larger version of the imageResource Capacity Planning
Apply resources to the most profitable products; ensure availability prior to approval
Identify gaps, manage dependencies, and balance resource capacity across the entire product portfolio.
- Focus Resources on Higher Value Work. Shift resource time and effort from low-value, below-the-radar sustaining projects to strategic breakthrough innovations to drive revenue growth.
- Predict Resource Bottlenecks. Forecast resource availability to guarantee the right resources with the right skills are available at the right time and at the correct rate for on-time and on-budget product delivery.
- Reduce Cost Through Improved Estimating. Leverage historical actuals to better assess when resources will be needed to avoid underutilization of expensive resources.
- Unified dashboard reporting of data insights from multiple sources to reprioritize product portfolio investment decisions. View • a larger version of the imagePipeline And Investment Prioritization
Make better data-driven decisions by forecasting opportunity demand to prioritize work appropriately
Speed analysis and decision making with improved product portfolio visibility. Get complete visibility into the product portfolio and quickly deliver executive reports needed to run the business. Planview’s product management solution decreases the tedious and time-consuming cobbling of pie charts and graphs via spreadsheets.
- Eliminate the Time Wasted Gathering Data. Spend less time building your report and more time analyzing the data to make the best choices for your next strategic move.
- Make Decisions Based on Current Information. Speed production forward with real-time data for accurate, structured analytics representing up-to-the-minute portfolio statistics.
- Mitigate Risk. Make better product decisions based on contextual, drill-down insights connecting your strategy, financials, brand, and resource capacity.
- Stay in sync across every stage of your product portfolio performance. View • a larger version of the imageProduct Portfolio Dashboard
Powerful analytics to understand performance across your entire portfolio
Take advantage of hundreds of out-of-the-box analytics, reports, and dashboards proven to drive positive product portfolio outcomes. Get industry-tested product analytics and metrics to manage every aspect of the product development process and drive business outcomes.
- Measure Business Outcomes Easily. Pick from more than 200 out-of-the-box reports and in-product dashboards specifically designed to help calculate and improve product pipeline performance.
- Enjoy Reporting Your Way. Generate highly configurable reports online, via mobile devices, or in Microsoft® applications through Planview’s flexible reporting options tailored to each user’s preference. Choose from simple out-of-the-box reports or build your own to key stakeholder questions – no report development skills required.
Product portfolio management software capabilities
Rank, analyze, shift, and balance the product mix, optimizing resources and improving profitability.
R&D Project Ranking
Increase R&D productivity by scoring competing investments with objective, repeatable criteria based on quantitative factors such as ROI and qualitative factors such as strategic fit, impact, and risk.
Evaluate multiple scenarios reflecting different business conditions to respond quickly and take advantage of market shifts.
Product Portfolio Valuation
Determine the most profitable product portfolio that delivers the highest ROI throughout the product lifecycle.
Increase revenue by consistently selecting winning products, eliminating time wasted on lower value initiatives.
Get complete visibility into the product portfolio and easily deliver executive reports needed to run the business.
Create and communicate complex product and technical roadmaps with the push of a button.
Visualize and communicate the outcomes and understand impacts for key launch dates – increasing awareness and improving proactive decision-making for all stakeholders in the product commercialization process.
Connect product component roadmaps to cross-functional resources, investments, outcomes, milestones, and financials required to realize strategies.
Connect technology investment plans to outcomes; Visualize dependencies, mitigate risks, and confirm priorities to successfully deliver smart, connected products and associated services.
Examine the dependencies between the product roadmap and the technology, platform, project, and services components required to enable, launch, and evolve smart, connected products.
Centralize all the data and processes you use to identify, prioritize, and manage products and projects to gain a competitive advantage.
Product Portfolio Mix
Achieve your financial and strategic targets by evaluating and comparing multiple scenarios to ensure the best portfolio mix.
Portfolio Risk Analysis
Visualize the portfolio mix and balance to determine what changes, if any, should be made to properly align with risk tolerance.
Increase R&D productivity and financial impact by assessing actuals and variances against what was planned or budgeted via an integrated system.
Plan, identify and track CapEx and OpEx work costs for each program, project, or product in the portfolio.
Reporting & Analytics
Eliminate spreadsheets, manual processes, and bad data. Get configurable workflows plus out-of-the-box reports and KPIs.
Generate and collaborate on innovative ideas for new products.
Quickly and efficiently evaluate, score, prioritize, and advance the most promising ideas.
Capture the voice of the customer and collaborate on the most innovative ideas.
Capture customer requirements to fuel innovative ways to improve customer experience.
Map your product portfolio toward success using insights into product development industry trends, challenges, and risks.
Capture inspiration in real-time, access challenges, post ideas, vote, comment, collaborate, or perform other user activities on the go.
Ensure you have the right people with the right skills available when they are needed.
Forecast resource availability to guarantee the right resources with the right skills are available.
Track and manage aspects that impact potential allocation to projects (role, skill, region, cost rate, certification, and area of interest) to grow resource experience and improve employee retention.
Resolve resource overloads before they delay product launches using effective resource management tools.
Forecast Capacity Requirements
Ensure programs, investments, and staffing levels are balanced against capacity, taking dependencies into account to avoid costly decisions resulting in duplicate efforts or rework.
Real-Time Resource Views
Spot potential resource conflicts and gaps where human and production resources are needed to ensure that what matters most can be completed.
Embrace multiple ways of working to speed time-to-market and ensure on-time product delivery.
Gated Process Automation
Accelerate development projects and rapidly deliver the most innovative, profitable, and differentiated products – on time and on budget. Decrease cost by killing projects earlier in the commercialization process.
Deliver new product development projects, on time and on budget, with gated project management software.
Agile Stage Gate Model
Support team working preferences with hybrid execution, combined with the project and portfolio visibility needed to synchronize delivery of what is most important.
Project Team Delivery
Enable project team members to work the way they work best with productivity-focused workspaces that include document management and integrated communication tools.
Agile Team Delivery
Empower Agile teams to visualize, prioritize and plan their work activities aligned to strategic priorities using Kanban boards that match their preferred work methodology and processes.
Project Risks and Changes
Catalog and manage all changes, risks, and issues that arise during the lifetime of a project via configurable approval lifecycles for scope management, auditing, and continuous improvement purposes.
Stage Gate Process Dashboards
Clearly visualize the stage of every project and utilize embedded dashboards to simplify and speed gate meetings.
Streamline key lifecycle stage processes with access to the right data and collaboration.
Product Launch Planning
Consistently hit product launch windows by ensuring everyone from marketing to legal and from sales to supply chain has completed their part of the process.
Analyze performance data to make trade-off decisions regarding which products to develop, enhance, or sunset.
Product End of Life
Streamline end-of-life processes including product post-mortems, financial transitions, and other workflow tools required to pull a product from market and apply lessons learned.
Product portfolio management software for product development organizations
Whether your organization is looking to graduate from spreadsheets into a centralized system or you want to automate your entire product development process from strategy to delivery, Planview has a product portfolio management solution for you. Reach out and we will help you find the best fit for your unique requirements.Contact Us • Contact
Get up and running fast with our product portfolio management experts
From solution implementation to ongoing operational support, Planview offers professional services, training, and support that maximize the value of your technology investment.Learn more • PSA
“Planview® is more a partner to us than our supplier. We get from them advice on ways of working and how to make the most of our solution.”
Director of Operations, Santander Technology UK
Connect the applications you use every day
Integrate Planview product portfolio management software with your existing tools and applications to centralize the information needed to optimize your product portfolio and speed time to market.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us to see if your app is supported.
Planview is a recognized innovator and industry leader
Planview has been recognized time and time again for our contributions to Portfolio and Work Management innovation, making us a unique partner for accelerating transformation. See what industry analysts have to say.
- Show Me Hide
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Adaptive Project Management and Reporting
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Strategic Portfolio Management
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Agile Planning for 3 consecutive years
- Named a leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Project Portfolio Management for 15 consecutive years
- Show Me Hide
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Value Stream Management, Q4 2022
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™, Strategic Portfolio Management Tools, Q1 2022
- Show Me Hide
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide IT Project and Portfolio Management 2019–2020
- Named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Agile Project and Portfolio Management 2020 Vendor Assessment, Jan 2020
- Show Me Hide
- Named a Leader and a Fast Mover in the 2022 GigaOm Radar for Value Stream Management.
- Show Me Hide
- Named a top performer in the Quadrant SPARK Matrix™: Value Stream Management, 2022
Take a tour of our product portfolio management software for R&D organizations
See how Planview’s product portfolio management software can help you take your product development organization to the next level in this on-demand demo.Watch Demo • Contact
Accelerating Innovation: Post-Pandemic Lessons with Stage-Gate® Creator, Dr. Robert Cooper
Listen as Stage-Gate® Creator, Dr. Robert Cooper and Planview Product Development thought leader, Carrie Nauyalis chat on how successful organizations are applying Agile stage gate to improve productivity.Watch the webinar • Accelerating Innovation: Post-Pandemic Lessons with Stage-Gate® Creator, Dr. Robert Cooper
Building Sustainability Into Your Product Development Strategy
Execute a sustainability strategy with greater speed, efficiency, and intelligenceGet the whitepaper • Building Sustainability Into Your Product Development Strategy
2021 Gartner® Market Guide for Product Portfolio Management
Is your Product Portfolio optimized to accelerate time to market, adapt to change, and achieve growth targets?Get the report • 2021 Gartner® Market Guide for Product Portfolio Management
The best product portfolio management software for R&D and product leaders
“Value can be measured in a lot of different ways. We want it to be about executing work, innovating products, and renovating our portfolio. Having a Planview dashboard that’s objective and based in reality – that is tremendously exciting!”
VP of R&D Product Readiness
“We increased our employee engagement in innovation tremendously. We were able to go from implementing something in three to six months to implementing something in a matter of weeks.”
Technology and Innovation Strategist
“During our decision-making process, one crucial point in favor of Planview was the specific expansion capability of the solution. The solution has a broad base and covers essential processes, which is what we need for successful product management now and in the future.”
Global Product Management Manager
“Our integrated solution from Planview allows us to structure projects to provide unique data, link workspaces directly to modeling software, create unique and comprehensive models, and refresh data in real-time. We are more efficient and unified. I couldn’t ask for a better solution.”
Project Manager, Global Implant Systems Development
Planview’s product portfolio management solution delivers results
Life Sciences company reduced gate-to-gate cycle time by 50%Source: Accelerating Innovation: Post-Pandemic Lessons with Stage-Gate® Creator, Dr. Robert Cooper Watch the webinar
Medical Device company increased on-time product launches by 38% (from 60% to 98%)Source: The Essential Buyer’s Guide for Product Portfolio Management Solutions Read the guide
CPG company reduced time to analyze, graduate, and bring sustainable products to market by 70%Source: Building Sustainability into Your Product Development Strategy Read the whitepaper
- Nationwide Building Society
- VW Volkswagen
- UPS United Parcel Service
- Conagra Brands
- De Beers Jewelers
- EA Sports
- BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vodafone Group
- Commonwealth Bank
- Abbott Nutrition
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- ABB Group
- Johnson & Johnson