Learn how the project budget management capabilities in PPM Pro can help you track project costs.Watch demo See Planview PPM Pro in action
Take control of project management budget tracking – from day one.
Get a grip on messy project budgets
Part of PPM success is delivering projects on time and on budget. Many project management software applications let you enter standard project budget and basic financial information, but they don’t allow you to manage or fully represent the bigger monetary picture of your projects, to understand if you are truly on budget. Establish a path to success by tracking financials to start, then utilize budget and actuals to make better project decisions. Planview PPM Pro enables project managers to:
- Efficiently allocate resources given budgeted hours and costs, considering role and resource rates that can change over time
- Account for the cost of actual resource effort with timesheet submissions
- Track material costs, and benefits, such as hardware, software, and other assets
- Differentiate financials for time, budget, and various entries:
- capitalized versus operational
- billable versus non-billable
- revenue versus cost
- forecasted versus actual expenses
- Easily configure key financial calculations such as Estimate at Completion, ROI, and more
- Capture and request additional financial metrics with approval based workflows
Establish a positive time tracking mindset
Drill down to the level of detail that you need for resource time and expense entries without complicated or frustrating project cost management and planning. Not only can you rest assured that you are getting the information necessary to make the best resource allocations, but your team members will know their efforts and contributions are a critical piece of the puzzle.
- Set up limits as needed on how much time a resource can enter for a project task
- Be part of the approval process for resource timesheets submitted for your project
- Monitor and control what material and other resource expenses can be recorded against your project
With Planview PPM Pro’s Team Member Plus, give your team members a PPM timesheet that’s built into a collaborative work management experience. Team members can plan their project work, execute tasks with Kanban boards, collaborate with others, and submit their timesheets, all in one place, and you capture vital resource time necessary to manage the delivery of on-time and on-budget projects aligning to the business strategy.
Raise the bar on effective project cost management
Demonstrate your project cost tracking expertise and show success to key sponsors. Build a core set of reports and dashboards that:
- Proactively keep stakeholders informed about the financial metrics they care about
- Enable resource cost analysis at both the task and project level – be confident to request more resources if necessary
- Show how actuals are tracking to budget
- Reveal how much is being spent on capitalized versus operational expenses
- See variances in KPI trending – take action when needed to keep your projects above the line
- Prove the financial success of your project toward on-time and on-budget delivery
Need to capture financial data from other systems?
Integrate with existing cross-departmental systems to capture important dataflows for resource time costs and other project expenses. With a single source of truth in Planview PPM Pro, have full visibility into how actuals are tracking against the budget. Planview’s Integrations-as-a-Service offers configurable integrations for systems such as SAP, Oracle, Infor, or Atlassian JIRA, as well as support for custom integrations to homegrown systems. Establish and grow your organization’s centralized project portfolio management best practices with Planview PPM Pro’s budget and financial capabilities.
Learn more about project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, eBooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Project Budget Management
is just one powerful PPM Pro feature
Propelling your PMO to the next level is easy when your team has the best project portfolio management software.
Project Portfolio Management
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Project Intake Management
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Project Prioritization Alignment
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Resource Management Tools
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Project Management Dashboards and Reports
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
NPD Portfolio Management
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Project Team Collaboration Tools
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Project Budget Management
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
Cloud-based Project Management
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Portfolio Management for Agile
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
Learn how Planview ensures customer data is kept secure and private while using PPM Pro.
2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management
Gartner has named Planview a Leader in the May 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management,” positioned highest for its ability to execute and furthest for completeness of vision for the second consecutive year.
“Planview PPM Pro fills the gap between the dispersed data and the people who need it. Planview PPM Pro enables us to generate high-level to granular-level reports specific to the user so the people who need the data have the data without having to dig for it.”
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
- Share data and improve collaboration
- Have one system of record for visibility into work status
- Create standards for data loads and custom actions