Project Intake Management
Easily manage project intake and work requests
Learn how the project intake management capabilities in PPM Pro can help you manage demand and prioritize work.Watch Demo See Planview PPM Pro in action
Collect, analyze, and take action on project requests that provide the best risk versus reward for your organization.
Take control of the project intake process
Provide your organization the ability to submit ideas and project requests without suffering from intake overload. We enable you to completely manage your work demand while maintaining project intake best practices.
- Design each project intake form and workflow with the requester, and approver, in mind. Hide and show form fields per gate as needed and use gate skipping logic to streamline the workflow process.
- Provide different forms for different departments or sets of requesters. You do not have to make one form fit all; create the intake form and approval process best suited for the work being requested.
- Automate the project intake flow so that the right approvers are notified at the right point in the process, including ‘nag-o-grams’ or reminder notifications if a request has been sitting at a gate too long. Allow gate approvers to send a request back for more information to any prior step, forward to the next step when all is well, place on hold to remove from the workflow process until the time is right, or reject the requests that are not aligned with your organization’s needs and goals.
- Transfer the information from a work request to one or more projects, tasks, or project logs. Avoid extra work and time spent unnecessarily duplicating data.
- Need a project change request workflow? Create an intake flow that captures and follows your organization’s change control process for updating existing projects.
Assess and have confidence in request outcomes
Let the work intake process to do the heavy lifting. Use it to collect the data, insights, and go/no-go decision at each gate of the workflow to help determine which requests should move forward and ultimately turn into projects, tasks, and/or project logs.
- Use gate approver logic to identify the people who will have the answers at each gate. Let the experts provide needed data and opinions on the qualities and requirements of the request and whether it should move forward.
- Include the ability to score a request based on its overall worth to your organization. Relevant gate approvers can score on quantitative factors such as return-on-investment (ROI) or on qualitative factors such as strategic fit, impact and risk. These factors can be weighted to take into account their relative importance.
- Analyze request details and scores to identify which resulting work will take you where you want to go. Reports and dashboards provide an easy way to compare and access project requests.
Oversee and highlight your project intake success
Reports and dashboards enable you to monitor the lifecycle of project requests and analyze how the process is performing. Even better, they allow you to share request process statistics and data with those who might not otherwise have direct access to it.
- Demonstrate to stakeholders the number and velocity of requests flowing through the project intake process.
- Segment project requests by score, department, strategic initiative, and other important factors for comparison or impact analysis.
- Identify gates that may be holding up high value requests to trouble-shoot and improve the work intake process.
Project Intake Management
is just one powerful PPM Pro feature
Propelling your PMO to the next level is easy when your team has the best project portfolio management software.
Project Portfolio Management
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Project Intake Management
Capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Project Prioritization Alignment
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Resource Management Tools
Know that your people and teams are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill set and availability to analyze utilization.
Project Time Tracking
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Project Management Dashboards and Reports
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
NPD Portfolio Management
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Project Team Collaboration Tools
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Project Budget Management
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
Cloud-based Project Management
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Predictive Portfolio Analysis
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Portfolio Management for Agile
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
Learn how Planview ensures customer data is kept secure and private while using PPM Pro.
Learn more about project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, eBooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
“Planview PPM Pro fills the gap between the dispersed data and the people who need it. Planview PPM Pro enables us to generate high-level to granular-level reports specific to the user so the people who need the data have the data without having to dig for it.”
Gartner Market Guide for Adaptive Project Management and Reporting
Planview is a representative vendor in three of the provider categories based on the most Gartner client interest.
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
- Share data and improve collaboration
- Have one system of record for visibility into work status
- Create standards for data loads and custom actions