Focus on the right efforts. Prioritize, plan, and execute projects to achieve business objectives.
Prioritize the most valuable work
Deliver project initiatives on time and on budget. Planview's IT Project Portfolio Management tools provide a fast approach to scoring and prioritizing your work – enabling you to make decisions with confidence.
- Capture: Collect project and work requests directly from end users
- Score: Prioritize technology initiatives based on a standardized scoring system to facilitate the identification and prioritization of low-risk, high-reward projects
- Route: Set up an approval process for auditing, prioritizing, and tracking requests
- Alert: Notify approver with automated alerts and generate assignments directly from approved requests
The best project management software for growing PMOs
Move away from spreadsheets and disparate project management systems. Manage project schedules, tasks, and resources in a single centralized location. Improve execution and control across your entire project portfolio with visibility into every aspect of each project.
- Plan: Define and schedule project plans or interface with other departmental applications
- Task management: Intuitive workbench for assigning, tracking, and managing project tasks
- Ease of use: Toggle into a spreadsheet-style editor that supports keyboard editing of the work-breakdown structure, copy/paste to and from other spreadsheet tools, and simplifies project task management
- Impact Analysis: Visualize dependencies between portfolios, projects, people, and assets
- Visibility: Configurable reports facilitate analysis and monitoring of project health indicators
PPM tools to manage your resources effectively
Proactively allocate resources and improve execution across your entire project portfolio. Real-time visibility lets you apply resources appropriately, analyze the current utilization of resources, and revise utilization based on what is most productive for your organization. If you don’t know what people are working on, you can’t be sure the right work is getting done. Planview’s Project Portfolio Management software provides resource management tools that enable you to focus on the initiatives that deliver the most business value.
- Project Status and Health: Ensure stakeholders are engaging with relevant information and project health is reflected to drive on-time and on-budget delivery
- Demand planning: Quantify your true resource requirements for planned projects
- Capacity planning: Realistic understanding of what you can accomplish with the resources you have
- What-if scenario planning: Forward-looking resource scenario planning for optimizing resources by portfolio, project, role, or individual
- Time tracking: Promote accountability and improve organizational performance by knowing who is working on what and enable teams to work more efficiently by giving them visibility into where they spend their time
- Planview FLEX and PPM Pro: FLEX licensing enables you to support flexible team delivery, no matter how or where the work gets done with Projectplace or LeanKit. FLEX integrated with PPM Pro allows your PMO to share a consolidated view of work priority and project status – whether in the same room or distributed across the globe – to enable teams to manage their speed of delivery
Accurately track project financials and budgets
Time is money, and how you manage time for your staff and resources has a major impact on the financial performance of your initiatives that maximize ROI. Without visibility into the time and expenses associated with your work, you might miss opportunities to charge back for billable services or worse, run over budget.
- Financial tracking: Monitor time, budgets, and expenses for both billable and non-billable activities
- Financial reporting: Report on estimates versus actuals and stay on track with key performance metrics
- Multiple currencies: Represent project, role, and resource financials in a currency meaningful to their locations, ensuring accuracy with effective dating of currency exchange rates
- KPI trend analysis: Capture weekly and monthly snapshots of any portfolio and project field data, to monitor trends and manage your key performance indicators
- Integrate Planview’s PPM software with existing financial systems, and connect the required data such as labor costs for specific roles and individual resources to projects and portfolios
Measure project ROI with dashboards and reports
Visibility is power. Planview PPM Pro provides highly configurable dashboards and out-of-the-box reports so you and your stakeholders can view key performance indicators – empowering you to make better decisions. Create dashboards and reports by department, role or even individual, providing relevant information in real-time, then easily drill to get the details that you need.
Learn more about project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, eBooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Project Portfolio Management
is just one powerful PPM Pro feature
Propelling your PMO to the next level is easy when your team has the best project portfolio management software.
Project Portfolio Management
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Project Intake Management
Capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Project Prioritization Alignment
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Know that your people and teams are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill set and availability to analyze utilization.
Project Time Tracking
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Project Management Dashboards and Reports
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
NPD Portfolio Management
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Project Team Collaboration Tools
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Project Budget Management
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
Cloud-based Project Management
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Predictive Portfolio Analysis
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Portfolio Management for Agile
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
Learn how Planview ensures customer data is kept secure and private while using PPM Pro.
“Planview PPM Pro fills the gap between the dispersed data and the people who need it. Planview PPM Pro enables us to generate high-level to granular-level reports specific to the user so the people who need the data have the data without having to dig for it.”
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
- Share data and improve collaboration
- Have one system of record for visibility into work status
- Create standards for data loads and custom actions
- • Jira
- • Oracle
- • Zendesk
- • sap
See Planview PPM Pro™ in actionWatch DemoSee Planview PPM Pro in action • planview-ppm-pro