Plan, visualize, collaborate,
and report on work
with Projectplace Online Kanban Boards
Experience how integrated online Kanban boards, Gantt charts and other project management tools in Projectplace help you plan, manage and collaborate on team projects.
Plan, visualize, collaborate, and report on workwith Projectplace Online Kanban Boards
Plan projects with Kanban boards
Whether you’re managing global objectives or your own personal tasks, Kanban boards are proven to be one of the most effective ways to get people and teams to collaborate and get work done. Kanban board software helps you visualize work, contextualize it against your other efforts, while prioritizing it against your goals. Keep your sprints on track by creating scrum boards, and use drag and drop functionality that ensures you can adapt to change when it comes.
Kanban boards support:
- Team motivation and engagement by letting your resources visualize and organize all their work with a visual overview that shows task status, priority, and who is working on what.
- The shaping and reinforcement of good team behavior, with high degrees of visibility and transparency, while providing the feeling of belonging to a group with a common goal.
- Agile goals, with the ability to easily prioritize work and reprioritize tasks when needed.
Collaborate and execute with Kanban cards
In Projectplace’s online Kanban app, assign work to yourself or team members via Kanban cards; these include due dates and task lists that generate notification emails to keep projects on target for completion. Further enable collaboration by linking cards together, or with activities that are associated, to create relationships or dependencies. This ensures the right things are being executed at the right time, and gives all team members a view of the big picture.
Collaborate with documents
Attach relevant documents of virtually any file type to Kanban cards, so that all team members have the information they need, right where they need it. Documents are stored in Projectplace’s highly secure document repository, with file versioning and robust access rights.
Attach any documents that are important to your project:
- Microsoft Office documents
- Video files
- Adobe PDFs
- CAD drawings
- Virtually any files that are necessary to your project, can be attached to your cards
Communicate in real time
Support even greater collaborative execution with the social network-like commutations feed, available right from the Projectplace Kanban cards. Team members can chat in real time about the task at hand: resolve questions, share updates, and more, no matter their location or time zone. Everyone involved has one central place to quickly check in and understand what’s what.
Organize your people and your work
Projectplace makes it easy to organize your people and information in an actionable manner using swim lanes. Arrange your team and work to quickly grasp what’s happening, who’s doing what, and what needs to change. Pivot your Kanban view to group by team member. You’ll see how many Kanban cards each person is working on and understand immediately who has availability and who is over-allocated. Pivot again to group by card due date: how many are overdue, what’s coming up, and what needs your attention right now?
Now you can make informed trade-offs, moving cards between team members to ensure the right, high-priority work is getting done.
Customize your Kanban board
The Projectplace Kanban board app was designed to work for the changing ways you work: customize the boards and cards to meet the needs of your team and projects. You can:
- Change status columns for Kanban cards, and vary them by workspace or project. This is useful if teams work on highly varied projects, or projects that span differing time periods.
- Customize the fields that you track against cards, providing a greater understanding of what each card entails for your team members. This allows your organization to further customize what information is collected against items of work.
- Limit the number of cards allowed in a work in progress column. This is helpful for teams that consistently see work building up and are unable to move cards forward and need the ability to pinpoint where in the process bottlenecks form; it also prevents reduced productivity due too many simultaneous tasks.
- Define labels for projects. Labels can identify what skill set the person performing the work should have, or the type of the work that the card represents. You can then group by label, enabling you to group the cards on a board to understand more about that particular set of cards and make decisions based on that information.
Report on project success
Projectplace helps you communicate the success of your plans in four ways:
- Cumulative Flow Diagram: this shows the distribution of tasks and activities along the different stages of your team’s process, from intake to completion. How much is in flow, how much is completed? This is an easy way to establish the status of work, issues, cycle time, and bottlenecks.
- Lead Time Diagram: This measures the time from when a request was made and entered as a card on the Kanban board until all activities were completed and the final product was delivered.
- Cycle Time Diagram: This measures all the time your team works on a new request, starting from the time from when a Kanban card moves into your team’s “working” column from its “backlog” or “waiting to be worked on” column.
- Burndown Chart: This is a graphical representation of work left to do versus time, and helps you predict when all of the work will be completed.
See one collaborative view
Projectplace uniquely integrates planning between Gantt charts and Kanban boards with the Collaborative Workstreams capability. When team members move a Kanban card to the “closed” column, you can see this action reflected in your Gantt chart, giving you and all stakeholders a quick view of progress.
When you connect Gantt chart activities to Kanban boards, you create a more streamlined interaction between activities, boards and cards that:
- Provides a single consolidated view of all tasks necessary to complete an activity on the plan
- Allows project managers and teams to collaborate and break down work in a single view
- Enables team members to unclutter boards containing long lists of completed cards
See Projectplace in Action!
Watch how Projectplace helps your team get work done using work collaboration features you won’t find in traditional project management software. From online Gantt charts and Kanban boards to file sharing and document management, Projectplace delivers all the project management tools you need in one integrated collaborative project management solution.
Online Kanban boards
are just one powerful Projectplace feature
Collaborative Project Planning & Workstreams
Create your project plan and connect project workstream items to activities and milestones using integrated Kanban boards and Gantt charts.
Increase project team efficiency by providing a digest of upcoming, ongoing, and overdue work for yourself, your teams, and your workspaces.
Visualize the flow of work and progress across all your team’s projects and commitments.
Project managers can view, manage, and execute on a high-level roadmap plan, covering their long-term work strategy.
Resource Planning & Workload Management
Provide team leads and managers with a complete picture of task assignments and commitments across all projects.
Share files and collaborate on project documents and enable team members to attach relevant files directly to Kanban boards from varied sources.
Stay on top of project progress by visualizing your goals and plans, with all major steps, in modernized classic Gantt charts.
Use project dashboards and reports to visualize progress, help track how close the team is to meeting deadlines and identify where bottlenecks may be occurring.
Use project management apps for iOS and Android to access your work, update status of assignments, review documents, and collaborate with your team members.
Quickly set up new workspaces and projects using pre-defined project management templates based on best practices.
Provide stakeholders with the means to track performance across the projects that matter to them and to identify and address projects that may need attention.
Make it easy for your users to track and manage their time, with time reporting capabilities against all tasks and activities.
Engage your team members by enabling them to instantly share feedback, ideas, and questions.
Build custom applications and add-ons and enable integration into other systems – such as your company intranet or a mobile app.
See what our customers are saying on
Thousands of organizations across the globe use Projectplace
Connect with the applications you already use
Planview simplifies integration between Projectplace and the applications you use daily.