Easily Manage Project Intake
and Work Requests
with Planview PPM Pro Project Intake Management
Learn how the project intake management capabilities in PPM Pro can help you manage demand and prioritize work.
Easily Manage Project Intake with Planview PPM Pro Project Intake Management
and Work Requests
Take control of the project intake process
Provide your organization the ability to submit ideas and project requests without suffering from intake overload. We enable you to completely manage your work demand while maintaining project intake best practices.
- Design each project intake form with the requester, and approver, in mind. Hide and show form fields per gate as needed to streamline the workflow process.
- Provide different forms for different departments or sets of requesters. You do not have to make one form fit all; create the intake form and approval process best suited for the work being requested.
- Automate the project intake flow so that the right approvers are notified at the right point in the process. Allow gate approvers to send a request back for more information or forward to the next step when all is well, or to reject the requests that are not aligned with your organization’s needs and goals.
- Transfer the information from an approved project request to the resulting new project. Avoid extra work and time spent unnecessarily duplicating data.
- Need a project change request workflow? Create an intake flow that captures and follows your organization’s change control process for updating existing projects.
Assess and have confidence in request outcomes
Enable the project intake process to do the heavy lifting. Use it to collect the data, insights, and go/no-go decision at each gate of the workflow to help determine which requests should move forward and ultimately turn into projects.
- Add the people who will have the answers to each gate approval team. Let the experts provide needed data and opinions on the qualities and requirements of the request and whether it should move forward.
- Include the ability to score a request based on its overall worth to your organization. Relevant gate approvers can score on quantitative factors such as return-on-investment (ROI) or on qualitative factors such as strategic fit, impact and risk. These factors can be weighted to take into account their relative importance.
- Analyze request details and scores to identify which resulting projects will take you where you want to go. Reports and dashboards provide an easy way to compare and access project requests.
Oversee and highlight your project intake success
Reports and dashboards enable you to monitor the lifecycle of project requests and analyze how the process is performing. Even better, they allow you to share request process statistics and data with those who might not otherwise have direct access to it.
- Demonstrate to stakeholders the number and velocity of requests flowing through the project intake process.
- Segment project requests by score, department, strategic initiative, and other important factors for comparison or impact analysis.
- Identify gates that may be holding up high value requests to trouble-shoot and improve the project intake process.
Learn more about project intake management and project portfolio management
Visit our resource center and browse whitepapers, ebooks, on-demand webcasts, and more.
Project Intake Management
is just one powerful Planview PPM Pro feature
Establish a centralized project portfolio. Achieve visibility into projects and resources to enable governance and improved execution across your organization.
Enable the ability to capture project requests, new ideas, and work without suffering from intake overload. Manage work demand through scoring and prioritization of the requests that bring the most value.
Prioritize work to align with the business and create more value. Align projects to meet business goals with a top-down approach to scoring and prioritizing work.
Know that the right resources are working on the right projects. Improve on-time project delivery execution and view resources by role or skill-set and availability to analyze utilization.
Track hours and costs for work. Drive accountability and performance by knowing who is working on what; promote adoption with user-friendly mobile access.
Use real-time analytics to measure and manage projects and resources. Get insight with standard metrics, ad-hoc reports, and easily share dashboards with stakeholders.
Centralize the gated commercialization process and quickly get the right ideas to market. Compare scenarios to ensure the right NPD portfolio mix to achieve your product strategy.
Manage tasks and project execution in collaborative workspaces that bring teams together. Capture project information that feeds into your PPM Pro projects for tracking and visibility.
Manage forecasts, budgets, and expenses, and track plans vs. actuals to catch opportunities for charge-backs and savings with PPM Pro.
PPM Pro is globally hosted in Amazon’s EC2 cloud platform and is SOC 2 Type II verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
Use predictive analytics to accelerate project portfolio planning. Build scenarios to determine highest-value work that can be achieved given budget or labor constraints.
Show the progress of projects in your portfolio with integrated Gantt chart capabilities.
Gain visibility into agile work and ensure your team members are tracking release progress to align the portfolio to business strategy.
2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management
Planview recognized as a Leader
Gartner has named Planview a Leader in the May 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management,” positioned highest for its ability to execute and furthest for completeness of vision for the second consecutive year.
Connect with the applications you already use
Seamlessly integrate Planview PPM Pro and the applications you use daily, cloud or on-premise, to:
Share data and improve collaboration
Have one system of record for visibility into work status
Create standards for data loads and custom actions